Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 08:42 PM   #1
KellyB
Welcomed New User

Greetings everyone…

I’m playing as a sorcerer and I’m stuck in Irenicus Dungeon.
I’m trying to get the door open going down from the Library and it won’t open. When Imoen tries to open it, there’s a message that says, “The mechanism that operates this does not have a conventional lock, and may be warded against simple spells.” I’m at a loss as to what to do next. I’ve read the walkthrough and gone back through the dungeon to see if I missed an item, but I haven't discovered the answer. I know about the locked door that needs the Air Elemental Statue, but I can’t find any information on this door. Can somebody help with this puzzle?
KellyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 08:51 PM   #2
huma
The Magister

WELCOME TO THE IRONWORKS KELLYB. I would add balloons and many happy faces for you but I don,t know how yet.
Have you got the activation stone and used it on the sewage golem yet?
I,m guessing that you have not.When you do this the golem will open this door and 2 others I beleive.
Old 12-11-2001, 08:57 PM   #3
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Hello Kelly,

Spoilers Down Here

You still have to get that Golem from before to open the doors to the sewers. If you have defeated buddy in the electric cage (Been a while since i've been back there, and too much [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img] ), you will have the stone or whatever the golem wants and he will run and do your bidding. Now there are 3 locked doors that you can get behind and slaughter baddies. [img]graemlins/merlin.gif[/img]

Cheers
Old 12-11-2001, 08:59 PM   #4
gostmakker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Welcome to the forum-its actually pretty friendly in here (new myself). You must have missed something-did you activate the golem that opens doors? loot the bedrooms and get the statue, keys etc? Check the walkthrough from this site: 'Walkthrough computer games'.
Good luck.

gost
gostmakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

For the smiles and balloons and stuff check out this link. It will tell you the UBB codes.

Smiley Pages
Old 12-11-2001, 09:10 PM   #6
huma
The Magister

quote:
Originally posted by ULockit I Stealit:
For the smiles and balloons and stuff check out this link. It will tell you the UBB codes.

Smiley Pages

Thanks for the link,I,m heading there now.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:24 PM   #7
huma
The Magister

[img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] Sorry had to try this somewhere [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

HA HA HA success,and it,s so easy to do.
Old 12-11-2001, 09:57 PM   #8
KellyB
Welcomed New User

I can't believe I missed that, but talking to the Golem was the one thing I didn't do. All fixed now... Thanks for the welcome, this is a terrific forum.
KellyB is offline   Reply With Quote