Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-13-2001, 06:33 PM   #11
andrewas
Harper

people are already making mods for bg, altho i havent seen one. personally im waiting for NWN - its gonna be designed for 3rd party content. dragonlance, earthdawn, any setting you name will be possible. or at least i think it will. plus you can take your existing char and continue with him (altho hes a god. is this possible after TOB?) perfection will occur after i port my party over.

and its a totally new engine in full 3d and looks sweet.

to the bloke that wants to play a follower of your char :- i dont really want to play an evil cleric of the lord of murder. however, it could be cool anyway.

Old 10-13-2001, 06:53 PM   #12
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

WHEN YOU IMPORT YOUR BG CHARACTER TO NWD, IT WILL BE AT LEVEL ONE, WITH NO ITEMS, SPELLS, OR ABILITIES. im hoping that i can keep my stats though. otherwise, why not just make a whole new character?

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 10-14-2001, 01:11 AM   #13
Majin Buu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WHAT?!You kill your sister?!

Well now that I've been spoiled.... you simply have no choice but to kill imoen? Why? So you lose controll of your characters personality after all? Becomming a God at the end of TOB is not really a shocker, seems like a fitting end, but murdering Imoen??? Come on, if you have no choice in the matter, then what was the point of picking a alignment in the beginning of SOA? ( Halfway through SOA, I have not purchased TOB yet) Could someone shed some light on this? Are you forced to axe whoever you've romanced too? After all you've killed your bloody damn sister, might as well go for the gusto?!?
Old 10-14-2001, 01:18 AM   #14
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

don't freak out yet, Majin. Umm, I could be wrong about this since I don't have TOB either and haven't finished BGII, but from what they've said so far in BGI and II, Imoen is not your blood sister. She's just another orphaned kid that happened to be taken in by Gorion as well. So as far as I know, you don't have to kill her. Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this?
Old 10-14-2001, 01:22 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Majin Buu:
WHAT?!You kill your sister?!

Well now that I've been spoiled.... you simply have no choice but to kill imoen? Why? So you lose controll of your characters personality after all? Becomming a God at the end of TOB is not really a shocker, seems like a fitting end, but murdering Imoen??? Come on, if you have no choice in the matter, then what was the point of picking a alignment in the beginning of SOA? ( Halfway through SOA, I have not purchased TOB yet) Could someone shed some light on this? Are you forced to axe whoever you've romanced too? After all you've killed your bloody damn sister, might as well go for the gusto?!?
I don't know who told you this, but this is WRONG. You always have a choice.

------------------
Old 10-14-2001, 03:51 AM   #16
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

"to the bloke that wants to play a follower of your char :- i dont really want to play an evil cleric of the lord of murder. however, it could be cool anyway."

-----

Well, I think that it would be an interesting roleplaying challenge. The protagonist in BG1 and BG2 wasn`t exactly squeaky clean, but it worked anyway.

[This message has been edited by Blackwolf (edited 10-14-2001).]
Old 10-14-2001, 06:11 PM   #17
andrewas
Harper

but being force to play an evil cleric of {CHARNAME} would suck - the point of an RPG is to have a choice. what you think they added 30+ kits for fun or something.

and SPOILER
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

imoen IS your half blood sister. so if all the bhall spawn are dead then she has to be as well. however dead people go to hell so maybe you can bring her back that that other tob NPC.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:17 PM   #18
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Andrewas, she has not died any of the times I've finished the game.
Old 10-15-2001, 02:28 AM   #19
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

"but being force to play an evil cleric of {CHARNAME} would suck - the point of an RPG is to have a choice. what you think they added 30+ kits for fun or something."

-----

Who says you have to be evil or a cleric? That`s like saying all christians must be priests and saint-like.

The point of an RPG is surely to roleplay? Show some imagination!