Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-31-2001, 11:19 AM   #21
Simon
The Magister

I have not managed to beat a lich yet and was wondering where I might get hold of a timestop scroll?
Old 05-31-2001, 02:01 PM   #22
illustra
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Yes i did take the cap off. However there are a few scrolls especially at AM and Little Teeth Pass.
PLEASE how do i take the experience cap off? its driving me nuts
Old 05-31-2001, 02:42 PM   #23
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

To remove the XP cap, follow this link and read up:

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...2/cheats.shtml

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-31-2001, 03:35 PM   #24
Dunstan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ultimate cheese tactic is use the invisibility to undead scrolls you find in the temples. They can't see you so therefore you just attack. No spells, no trouble. Kangaxx was a joke using that scroll.
Old 05-31-2001, 03:43 PM   #25
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Arrows of Dispelling also work wonders. However, if they cast "Prot. from Magic Weapons" or Improved Mantle, you're screwed. Then you've got to count on Breach, or Spell Strike or something else...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-31-2001, 03:48 PM   #26
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

prot. from magic weapons only lasts 4 rounds - simply wait it out somewhere
Old 05-31-2001, 07:57 PM   #27
Shadowblade
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Cast Time stop...
Imoen with dual weap and a strength girdle. 6 rounds is enough!
You think thats cheesy! Try these, works every time!

1) Set snares where the lich appears. Then use the ring of ram! One dead lich, and a bag of bones

2) Grandma's old age recipe, One fighter, cloak of mirroring. Hit his spells back. Merry christmas to that shambling gutrot!

------------------
Kneel before the biggest cheese in the world, ALL HAIL CHEESE!

[This message has been edited by Shadowblade (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 05-31-2001, 11:22 PM   #28
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

You got it buddy. Take the advice of the old game computer. If you find a foe too hard, simply changing tactics will make a unbeatable foe only a little hard.
I learned that the hard way. Experimenting. There are a bunch of good ideas here on how to take out the lich, you really don't need a timestop scroll, it just makes it very easy. I took out my first lich in the city by simply battling it out.

I ran away from it. I summoned a ton of monsters to attack it and waste its spells. If it summoned a demon or genie, I killed that off. And then once its protection spells dropped, i went in for the kill.
The above hints will make the battles easier. Alot of us learned the right way to do it, quicker, easier. Take advantage of the items in the game designed for lich killing...I.E. Daystar sword, protection from undead, invisibility to undead, etc. Rings of the RAM (You can get 2 in the game i think) basically seem to penetrate any shield or protective sphere, They tear right through magic resistance, shields, mantles, etc. 2 of those in a row will put a knocking to many things. Plus its fun to watch the enemy get blown back by the force of the RAM ring.
Heck, take a backstabbing thief with daystar with invisible to undead on, and have him backstab one LOL. OUCH!