Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-09-2001, 03:48 AM   #21
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

And , truth be told, I had a crush on Imoen. I felt so dirty when I found out she was my sister... I have to go bathe again...

I wouldn't worry about it. It happened to Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia before they found out, eh?

As for Nalia, the word I used would be MANKY rather than BUTCH

Old 05-09-2001, 04:04 AM   #22
Halbred
The Magister

is that manly or manky ?
Old 05-09-2001, 06:20 AM   #23
Lord Shield

Manky, as in horrible and disgusting. You know, she has a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp

Old 05-09-2001, 06:40 AM   #24
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Minsc (& Boo), Mazzy ('cos she's the heck of a girl), Keldorn, and Jan ('cos he's funny)

Can't stand Anomen, Nalia.

Imoen has lost the cheerful personality she had in BG1. I find her boring, drippy and irritating, but I have to have her along 'cos she's my sister, sigh.

Never played the bad guys for more than a VERY short while.

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 05-09-2001, 01:56 PM   #25
Vampire

Aerie!
she has a romantic story...cool voice...perfect person to fall in love with.
Minsc is the funniest! Especially when he talked to the pirat king!
uhhh most useful has to Keldorn. His dispel Magic and True sight is amazing!
Old 05-09-2001, 06:11 PM   #26
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Aerie really intresting charecter development with her, shes a great spellcaster and she was there from all most the start of the game i always find it difficut to leave her out of the group great personality

keldorn hes a really interesting sean connery style charecter really wise and tacitically vital to the group

Edwins a good laugh good spellcaster 2

Dislike
nalia oh go away and climb a tree you painfully dull poser and take your annoying voice and average mage abilites with you

Old 05-09-2001, 06:22 PM   #27
Gimlee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Cayle:
Like-
Minsc, Imoen and J- because they are your character's real friends. Besides, Minsc kicks butt! People who complain about Minsc, or rangers in general, probably do not know how to get the best out of their woodsy boys (and girls).
Viconia- She is a great cleric, her magic resistance comes in real handy and she has great dialouge in a romance.
Jan- enough said! He is funny and wherever you go, people seem to know him
Keldorn- I actually like his stern and sincere personality. First time I played with him, I wrecked his family life. Poor guy.
Val- he is growing on me. I like his "I have a lot lo learn" personality and he just looks tooooooooo cool with dual katanas.
Kivan- But I HATED his portrait.

Dislike-
Korgan- He is a jerk and I think he is an overrated fighter. Grand mastery is not everything and besides, Minsc and Val can sneak up and get the first shot in. I usually keep him long enough to do his quest and antagonize Aerie.
Edwin- I always killed him in BG1. Yes, he is a great mage, but he is also Edwin!
Anomen- everyone loves to hate Ano. My ranger left him in Spellhold. My Cavalier tolerates him because of some feeling of Radiant Heart Brotherhood. My Evil mage is trying to get him over to the dark side. My LG conjurer has avoided the CC, but I hear that if Minsc meets Ano before the PC does…
Garrick- He was useless in BG1. The only redeeming quality is his scenes in BG2.

Mixed Feelings-
Aerie She can be a VERY effective spell caster if used correctly. She is loyal and nice, but I just don’t dig the teeny girl thing.
Khalid- Loyal and likeable. Good fighter, but he seemed to spend most of his time with a yellow circle.

Why are my posts always so long?

How can you dislike Korgan? You say that his highmastery is unusefull, but it is. It means that you never tried him. You say that Valygar and minsc can have the first hit, but also a thief, and is the thief going to last long against Korgan, I don't think so. And, Have you ever tried to fight Korgan and Minsc against each other. Korgan always wins.

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!