Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2001, 09:39 AM   #11
Waluin

Never try to psychoanalyze a feline. You will fail, and perhaps lose your own sanity in the process.
Old 07-06-2001, 09:45 AM   #12
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Don't mention insane cats - one of our 3 is stuck indoors for a week after having stitches in a wound. She's getting very snarly and keeps hiding, waiting for us to open the doors... I'm sure the others keep walking in and out just to taunt her.
Old 07-06-2001, 09:52 AM   #13
Waluin

A cat wanting to go outside is like a force of nature. You can only delay him, you cannot contain him. He *will* bust out at least once. You can get him back inside, mind, but he *will* find a way
Old 07-06-2001, 09:57 AM   #14
onthepequod
Quintesson

My thoughts here run along the same lines as WOLFGIR’s. Introduce the little bunny to the circuit breaker and more specifically the main power supply cable. I imagine your house is being supplied with approximately 200 to 250 amps. That should do the trick. Oh and don’t worry about him chewing all the way through the cable….he won’t make it. Any damage he does can be easily repaired.

On a serious note, if there are any children reading my post that think it would be fun to try, DON’T. The damage caused by this sort of stunt may very well not be easily repairable, you may cause a fire, and have to pay hefty fees for the local utility company to come out and repair this damage. The last thing I need I some child telling their parents that I told them, “letting a pet chew through major electrical wiring is a good idea.” Do not do this, IT IS A STUPID IDEA!

------------------
Old 07-06-2001, 09:59 AM   #15
Waluin

Figuring in the average intelligence of the household rabbit, I'd figure that it would take little premeditated planning to instigate that scenario. I mean, they chew through that stuff anyway.

Whose to know how many amps were running through it at the time?

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-06-2001).]
Old 07-06-2001, 10:01 AM   #16
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Waluin:
A cat wanting to go outside is like a force of nature. You can only delay him, you cannot contain him. He *will* bust out at least once. You can get him back inside, mind, but he *will* find a way
She's been out twice yesterday and once this morning (6.30am, me just got out of shower, chasing cat around garden with a towel wrapped around me ) I was trying to let one of the other cats in - stupid thing just sat there and distracted me (maybe they are in cahoots?). At least yesterday I had some assistance catching her - 4 year old children have infinite energy reserves

Old 07-06-2001, 10:10 AM   #17
Waluin

I've noticed that dispite whatever kinds of personal differenfces they have during tradition periods of the day, household cats will unite for breif periods of time to trick and/or foil their human keepers.

I've been manipulated before, so I know. I've gone after one cat only to find he was a decoy for another.

It's amazing how cats can be so smart one minute, then blitheringly psychopathic the next.
Old 07-06-2001, 10:23 AM   #18
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Figuring in the average intelligence of the household rabbit, I'd figure that it would take little premeditated planning to instigate that scenario. I mean, they chew through that stuff anyway.

Whose to know how many amps were running through it at the time?

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-06-2001).]
Ok, ok.....you got me. Granted it does depend on how much power the house is drawing at the time, I picked 200 to 250 since that's what many boxes limit at but regardless the scenario was not intended for actual implementation just to be an amusing thought.

------------------
Old 07-06-2001, 10:27 AM   #19
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
the scenario was not intended for actual implementation...
it...it wasn't? Uhoh...
Old 07-06-2001, 10:39 AM   #20
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
it...it wasn't? Uhoh...

Well you were the one questioning the actual feasibility of the idea.

BTW, have you had experience with power being cut to your house due to some delinquent rodent or rabbit?

------------------