Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-23-2001, 03:22 PM   #21
Viking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have an almost identical fighter, with these differences:

Berserker

Has the exp. Cap at 2950 000 xp.

has 5 in long swords, 3 in Two Weapon Style, 2 in War Hammer,

Wielding Crom Fayer in the off hand, giving me 25 in strength, with the best long sword in the main hand.

As for tacho, you don't really need more than -8, do you? Because..with -8, you will ALWAYS hit on a natural 2. (Hits armour class -10 I think..)

So, with these differences, and these stats, what do you give my Berserker of death, with 4 attacks per round (Without the patch)?

Str: 25
Dex: 19
Con: 19
Int: 11
Wis: 15
Cha: 19
Old 07-23-2001, 08:51 PM   #22
Kitty
Manshoon

Some people say straight fighters suck in BG II. Considering the kits available in the game, I had also thought about that.
However, in my first game, I went with a human straight fighter, just for roleplaying (I really like pure fighters). I ended up loving my character even knowing he had no racial or kit bonuses. Most people (including me) would think about taking a more powerful race (dwarves or half-orcs) or a better kit, but as I just said, you get somewhat emotionally "attached" to your PC if you are roleplaying-wise.
Anyway, I don't regret being a pure fighter. He had most of the kills in my party.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:53 PM   #23
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Yet you can't help but be attached to your little homegrown gnomish barbarian

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 07-23-2001).]
Old 07-24-2001, 09:33 AM   #24
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

a gnomish barbarian? what the hell, I can picture it, rarrgh I'm gonna rip your spine out and strangle you with it.... right after I dance with these fairies amongst the mushrooms... somehow it doesn't ring right...

btw, has anyone noticed the differing definitions for gnomes throughout the d&d landscape?
Old 07-24-2001, 04:31 PM   #25
Redblueflare
Galvatron

7.5 Now that i'm playing TOB I'm realizing that longswords aren't all that powerful. With the equalizer constantly being ineffective, I tossed it and picked up the nifty rune hammer. My fighter is currently weilding the rune hammer and Crom Faeyer with dual weild. Much more effencient than two longswords. (Especially with Crom Faeyer's huge strength bonus!) I also dislike sword and shield style. Fighters should never use sheilds. Either two handed weapons style, or dual weild. Other than that he's pretty darn good.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-24-2001, 09:22 PM   #26
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The only incentive to go with the sheild is the AC bonus.....since the Sentinal Sheild gives you and extra -5 to your Armour Class, with the right stuff nearly nothing in the game can hit you

------------------
Old 07-25-2001, 12:28 AM   #27
groveguardian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I give him a 6. Mainly this is becuase I think that plain fighters are boring. Also, I hate longswords! I have to agree that 2-handed is the best. Being that I play a kensai/mage I don't really need sword/shield so I think that was a waste. I like dual wielded Celestial Furies better!

------------------
"Be wary, child of the Christian god, for you may own the name, but the land is free." What Cathbadh would have said to St. Patrick
Old 07-25-2001, 03:35 AM   #28
Icing Death
Elite Waterdeep Guard

6.8/10

No Kit
As most have said, Long swords generally aren't as good as most of the weapons. Two Handed swords are good, but dual weilding is jusr as good-more attacks, varied effects- Crom Faeyr + Celestial Fury is niiiiiiiice 25 Str Hard Hitting Beast that quite often will freeze your opponent allowing you to get a possible extra round of attacks in
Celestial Fury would make a good ocmbination with weapons such as Belm.

A Suggestion: If yuo wanted to you could dual class your Fighter into a mage and have a kickass hitting mage Dakkon's Blade would go quite nicely into that combo too.
Old 08-14-2001, 01:49 AM   #29
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

7 out of 10. Could be better with the celestial fury (my favourite weapon in the game).
Old 09-03-2001, 08:56 PM   #30
Aurum
Manshoon

Fine

------------------
Principium mors est.
But when the world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.