Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2001, 05:02 PM   #1
Deathwing123
Welcomed New User

Alright if anyone is able to, I was wondering if someone could make a +5 longsword for me called Kingslayer with these bounes: heals 1 hp every 5 seconds, 50% resistance to physical attacks, 25 % chance that 5 levels are drained which heals user by 50 hp, 5% chance of death,3 times a day can cast firestorm, +5 acid damage each hit and posion 1 hp every second for 30 seconds (save v.s half)each hit.speed factor 0. If you can please e-mail me at millsy_56@hotmail.com
Old 06-10-2001, 09:54 AM   #2
Jak_TCM
Dungeon Master

OVERKILL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2001, 10:04 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Sigh... ...

Where's the fun in using manufactured uber-weapons? I don't understand what's the thrill in having 'made' weapons. I rather use what's in the game and gain satisfaction that I did it, the legal way. No cheats for this guy.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:07 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

I can see both your points, and I even agree with them. However, if the guy wants the weapon, just let him! Who are we to judge what is and what isn't allowed? Stop picking on him! He'll find out for himslef when a weapon ruins the gaming experience

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-10-2001, 10:10 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Maybe he just wants to fool around. Don't bash somebody just for asking for an overkill weapon. Slaytern you sound so self-righteous.
Deathwing I could make the sword for you, but I no longer have BG2 installed and its a hell of a big install to create an item like that. I'm sure some of the others will help you. It's not that hard to do.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-10-2001, 10:12 AM   #6
Gimmick
Dungeon Master

Do you care what colors it is or what sword graphic it uses?
Old 06-10-2001, 10:13 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Heh, didn't mean to sound too goody-two-shoes.

Guess different opinions will exist.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-10-2001, 05:03 PM   #8
Deathwing123
Welcomed New User

Alright, I want this sword because, yes indeed it is overkill I need it beacuse I am going to play the game on the highest level of diffculty solo with a theif/fighter. I didnt make it very far before so I think it is time to pull in the big guns. Besides I know all of you guys like seening a fighter plow through a horde of demons and seeing body parts flying everywhere. The thing is I am just a blood thristy little bastard. Oh yeah and if you are going to make I dont really care to much about how it looks just so that it isnt neon pink or something like that.

Deathwing
Old 06-10-2001, 10:26 PM   #9
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

If anyone thinks a sword is too powerful, just take the sword and compare it to the Paladin +5 holy avenger sword. Dispels magic on a hit, gives 50 percent magic resistance I believe, +5 extra damage vs chaotic evil, some other properties I think.

If you sword you want made is stronger than this weapon, then yep its too strong. If it isn't as strong in your eyes, then its good. If you can have a holy avenger sword on a 12th level Paladin (or less) then you can have another +5 sword on someone else.

Your +5 sword sounds ok, but I would get rid of the level drain ability to make it more playable. You already have the regeneration ability, why the drain ability?

So +5 sword, regenerates 1 hp per 5 seconds. firestorm 3/day, 50 percent resistance to piercing/blunt/sharp attacks, and 5 points of acid damage per hit. Id make the acid damage a save vs spells or something. But overall thats doable in my eyes.
Old 06-11-2001, 07:28 AM   #10
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i would do it but i'm playing BG and BG2 isn't installed. BTW good point sunder.

--------------------------
also dundee, nice picture.

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats