Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Once a character receives a role ascension quest, will they continue to level up normally in their current role until they actually complete the quest? I know changing roles resets experience to 0, but I'm not sure if there's any impact before the actual role change takes place.

Why I'm asking: one of my characters is currently a Ranger, planning to become a Paladin as soon as she gets her level 7 Vine spells. I'd like to start the Paladin quest now, so I can join the Priest guild and get training to raise the Vinecraft skill faster.

As long as I don't actually finish the Paladin quest, will she still level up normally as a Ranger? I'm assuming yes, but you know what they say about assume...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, while I'm here...

Does character gender have any affect on game play, other than starting stats and maybe certain equipment items? I know that in some of the Wizardry and Might & Magic games character gender affected certain quests and NPC interactions, so I'm wondering about W&W.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes - they will continue to advance.

Particularly important if you want a character to become a monk.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That is correct... they will continue in their current role until they complete the quest *and* return to the proper guild. Once that happens, they switch classes immediately.

So when that happens, a couple of thoughts...

... first, make sure they've got inventory space for any items that are prohibited for the new class. They will be removed... and if there's no space, they're lost.

... if you've completed other quests, don't collect your rewards until after the class change. That 1000 XP reward means next to nothing to your level 11 ranger, but it's a whole lot to that level 1 Paladin.

You might also check how close you are to a new level. If you are within striking distance, avoid going into the guild until you get that next level. Otherwise, those 248,000 XP could go for naught...

You can also cancel the class quest when you get into the next guild. This is referred to as the "guild-hopping" trick... some consider it to be a cheat, while others consider all to be fair in love, war, and gaming

As for gender, there is only one impact throughout W&W... there is one special class which is *only* open to females. For that reason, I usually play females. There's no plus side to being a man in the Gael Serran
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the fast responses!

Time to get my Ranger signed up for another ascension. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Ahh, Bungleau - there is certainly a plus side to being the mighty STACKman... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And what, pray tell, my dear friend bsftcs, might the mighty STACKman have to say on this topic? My poor misbegotten mind can not think of anything related to XP acquisition and levelling up where the almight stack might be of help, but then again, that's why I am but a lowly peon in Stackman's world...
-+-+-+
Old 04-13-2005, 08:53 AM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Were we still talking level-ups? The mighty Stackmen have long since evolved from that. I thought we were just discussing men in general.

[ 04-13-2005, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 04-13-2005, 10:18 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ah.... 'tis very true. However, I thought Stackman's power came from the holy stack, and not from his gender.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 04-13-2005, 01:55 PM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Oh, it does. It is just that I have never heard of a Stackwoman.