Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 03:02 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

ToB Ending Spoiler:
-------------------

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Blew her away, blew her away a-hey-hey-hey... ...

It was a battle to see who could summon more summons. She had her Demons, Bone Fiends and Shadow Slayers, I had my Project Images, Skeleton Warriors and Planetars. She was not immuned to Lower Resistance, so that combined with Greater Malison and Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, meant that her existence was short-lived.

All in all, an easy battle if a bit 'crowded'.

Screenshots

Fast Trivia:
------------

1) Odin Magnus started the game at 101 Days 15 Hours, the time of the Quicksave just before the 4th and final fight with Melissan was 114 Days 11 Hours. This meant that Odin Magnus only took 12 Days 20 Hours to complete ToB, including Watcher's Keep.

2) Odin Magnus last slept in SoA, Chapter 7. The combo of Project Image and Wish ensured that his spells would always be there.

3) Odin Magnus total kills is only 982. Project Image illusions and summons were responsible for the rest of the kills.

4) Odin Magnus's 'Most Powerful Vanquished' is Firkragg.

Thanks for reading! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
Lord Delarue
The Magister

He did it before, he does it again. Nice piece of masterwork man. But tell me what was the hardest monster you killed in Soa, including ToB.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
Psybeznia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How the hell did you get a Mage that powerfull????
Psybeznia<br />Archmage Of Illusion<br />Legendary Wizard<br />Lieutenant Commander of the DJG Swashbuckler-Mage Extraordinaire Bartenders<br /><br />Son of a Murdered Drow<br />And I SHALL have my REVENGE!<br /><br />Since I am not always at my computer, ususally hunting for my Drow Father\'s murderer, please accept a responce from DJG as a responce from me!
Psybeznia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 11:56 PM   #4
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dundee you're my inspiration~ [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'm soloing a sorcerer, and oh my.. it is quite a bit of fun o.~
Albeit, sometimes frusterating but holy cow! It's such a great way to learn magic using stragtegy.

Congratulations on your over the top victory ^^
Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 12:02 AM   #5
Izanagi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

er i do know how to spell.

~really.. ~_~
Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 07:04 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Wheee! Thanks for posting, Dundee... this is starting to take on legendary forms
So what's next? Or have you finally tired of the game by now?
Old 01-13-2002, 08:42 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Delarue:
He did it before, he does it again. Nice piece of masterwork man. But tell me what was the hardest monster you killed in Soa, including ToB.

SoA? Eh... truth be told, I only started encountering difficulties in ToB because the ToB baddies are high level opponents; but if you put a gun to my head and force me to choose, then I suppose it would have to be... Torgal. Yes, Torgal. He gets the vote because I fought him at a relatively low level and it took liberal amounts of Skull Traps to finish him off.

The worst enemy I had in SoA though, was myself. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Many a time I had to slap myself in the face as I detonated a Skull Trap too close and my Sorcerer had insufficient protections. Also... I learnt a very painful lesson when dealing with Project Images and Time Stop... ...

Always, always, always... check that the real you is not near the point of detonation where the Project Image illusion is going to cast 6 Skull Traps and 6 Sunfires... ...

In ToB, the decision is easier. It would not be fair to pick just one, since there were two worthy contenders. The leader of the Blue Elves on the fifth level of Watcher's Keep( damn thing was bloody immuned to nearly everything I threw at him... I had to melee him, MELEE!!!!). Planetars and Skeleton Warriors did nothing to him because he needed +4 weapons to be hit... and he was immuned to magic... ...

It was at that time that I really regretted choosing Spell Turning over Mordenkainen's Sword.

The other contender was Improved Balthazar. He was fast and kicked a lot of a**. He only needed two hits to polish me off( Insane Difficulty), so I had to use liberal amounts of protective magic. He even succeeded in making me retreat, the only person to do so in the whole of ToB( retreat to regain back my spells that is).

I must say... I enjoyed pitting my Sorcerer against Improved Balthazar.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:49 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Psybeznia:
How the hell did you get a Mage that powerfull????

Lots of pre-planning... lots of pre-planning... ...

I took several weeks to compose a 'winning' spell list and asked the forum for points of view. For each of the major battles, I mentally ran the rounds in my head and tried to come up with an effective battleplan( the number one reason for my overwhelmingly easy victory against Improved Demogorgan).

I also made a solo Cavalier to get a feel on what it would be like to solo and what difficulties I might encounter due to soloing. Ironically... I kinda liked my solo Cavalier better from a roleplaying point of view. My solo Sorcerer is pure power-gaming all the way.

Oh... and it helped that I discovered the cheese of Project Image.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:50 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Izanagi:
Dundee you're my inspiration~ [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm soloing a sorcerer, and oh my.. it is quite a bit of fun o.~
Albeit, sometimes frusterating but holy cow! It's such a great way to learn magic using stragtegy.
Congratulations on your over the top victory ^^

Thanks for the compliments, I am kinda comtemplating Odin Magnus Jr. He shall not repeat the mistakes of his 'father'. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2002, 09:02 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Wheee! Thanks for posting, Dundee... this is starting to take on legendary forms
So what's next? Or have you finally tired of the game by now?

Thanks for the compliment too. [img]smile.gif[/img] As for the game...

Well... I did finally achieve my dream( for this game), and that was to solo a Sorcerer on Insane Difficulty. It feels so weird... months ago I was awed by others who had soloed Sorcerers and dreamt of following in their footsteps. Magic was always my favourite part of fantasy, and Sorcerer was the natural choice for my first character.

Bear in mind that this was wayyyy before I knew about their potential... it would be another 2-3 months before I discovered online forums for BG2.

I 'studied' other people's spell lists and analysed what would or could have been the best solution for certain problems in the game. This solo Sorcerer of mine is the basically the fruit of all the labour I have been working for in this game.

It was my goal... and now I have achieved it.

Unfortunately... it also meant that I have lost a lot of steam for the game. Not to say that I no longer like the game, but rather... I have already accomplish what I had set out to do. I still know the game, and am willing to help out with the questions, and I still do dabble now and then.

I still have my solo Assassin and Archer, both who are doing well so far.

Other games do call though... Icewind Dale, Hot Date, Age of Wonders, The Longest Journey, etc... ...

Decisions, decisions... ... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Not to mention schoolwork... [img]tongue.gif[/img] the reason why I do not post on weekends anymore... ...