Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #1
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Anyone still playing D2? recently pulled it out and blew the dust off it. Found it to be a blast all over again! However, once I get into Hell difficulty, I'm toast to even the most mundane uniques wandering around. Any tips on how to make a good run at Hell difficulty level? I'm playing a Barbarian currently, but have a Paladin that I'm working up from the bottom with.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:45 PM   #2
dplax
Jack Burton

I played a paladin until hell Act 4 and my tactic with bosse was, that if they were lightning enchanted I did not touch them, otherwise they were quite easy. Even physical immune ones go down fast to vengeance.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:23 PM   #3
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

First question is what lvl is your char? Second is what kinda gear you using? Cause you really don't wanna start hell before lvl 70 i usally baal run till 73-75 now and for gear do some nightmare meph runs to get a lil better gear if you don't have anything great right now, and for barb use a shield if you are using a 2 handed only weapon go for a 1 hand or 2 hand that can use a sheild too. All else Fails just msg me account is sublimexx and i will try and help if i can.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

That could be part of my problem. I started trying to tackle it at abouy lvl 55 or so, and got absolutely nowhere. So I went back to the Plateau ot continue lvling up. So I need to be in the 70's before I can really start to feel confident tackling Hell lvl? Thanks, I'll do that. Plus, I have been dual wielding (Whirlwind rocks, I think)
Old 12-01-2003, 05:06 PM   #5
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Also for faster lvling make public nightmare baal runs gets you to lvl 70 fast yeah dual weilding makes you get hit alot more with no block %
Old 12-01-2003, 05:48 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you dual wield? then use frenzy. put lots of IAS items with you. this means you need to kill things faster than they can hit you. ya speeeeeeeeeeed man.

btw, it's much faster to level up in baal run.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:50 PM   #7
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

I've heard that Whirlwind is almost useless now in Hell, because it easts up durability like no one's business.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 10:13 AM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
First question is what lvl is your char? Second is what kinda gear you using? Cause you really don't wanna start hell before lvl 70 i usally baal run till 73-75 now and for gear do some nightmare meph runs to get a lil better gear if you don't have anything great right now, and for barb use a shield if you are using a 2 handed only weapon go for a 1 hand or 2 hand that can use a sheild too. All else Fails just msg me account is sublimexx and i will try and help if i can.
I think it would depend on character class also, since my paladin was quite happy until the chaos sanctuary with level 64.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote