Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-27-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Oh great sages of AD&D, I beseech thee to answer mine simple question:

What's the mechanics behind simple resting and resting until healded?

I know when resting the party rests for 8 hrs and spells are re-memorised for magic using characters. I suppose some HPs are restored during the rest.

Resting until healed means that the rest doesn't end until all characters are healed. My uncertainty lies in whether those characters with healing spells will continously cast healing spells until they're out of it, rest and memorise more, and recast. Or is it one shot cast, then rest until time heals the wounds?

I do appreciate some clarification on how rest until healed works. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2001, 09:57 PM   #2
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Rest Untill Healed basicly is you sleep 8 hour For 1 hp(plus constitution Modifiers) but your clerics will cast theire healing spells so it takes less time for the healing to be compleated.

the time to re-memorise the spells once done so it taggs on an extra 8 hours.

I personaly do't like rest until healed, I prefer to keep it simple and sleep more if needed.
Old 03-27-2001, 11:17 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Oh Wise Magister
Thank you for your reply.
So you're basically saying that rest until healed offers no time advantage i.e. resting "normally", casting all healing spells first, then at the end of the 8 hours I recast healing spells and rest again, and continuing like this untill all party members are healed, will take the same amount of time as simply resting until healed?

Rhetorical question: if magic users are memorising spells instead of resting (as in sleep), how do they get their beauty rest? Unless they memorise spells in their sleep?