Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #31
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, August 17, 2009

Another friend asked out today... So glad I don't seem to be anybody's type
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #32
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Would seem this is still the most recent cafe, so I'll post here.

Today I was re-introduced to the differences between silver and bronze difficulties in Sacred. Main one being that diving headfirst into a large group of enemies in a new area is going to end badly.

Overall, life's been ok. Still no job, and from what I've heard we're not expecting anything like pre-recession hiring practices before 2010.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #33
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Evening all.
Sick as a parrot, I've come down with flu or something.
My course started today as well. 9-5, no breaks. While not being able to breathe and in pain.
How is everyone?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #34
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Yikes, not that H1N1 strain is it? Hope you feel better. I usually go for a bowl of ramen when I feel sick.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 AM   #35
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

From what I've heard from my friends who have had the nastier strains of flu (and all survived, I quickly add), then no, it isn't that. I've had a couple of rather dodgey days, but I seem to be getting over it alright, if a bit slower than normal. I can breathe now at least (when I posted last night I was having real trouble breathing and ended up collapsed on the bathroom floor gasping. Not fun).

Ramen eh?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #36
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Hey everybody! Sorry i've been away so long. Life isnt going exactly how i planned it, but hey, shit happens right?

How has everybody been?

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #37
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Evening, all

Just made my way down to Temple, TX for the next several days, and had a host of fun things along the way.

Started with wondering if maybe, just maybe, I didn't change my car and hotel when I changed this trip. Checked email records quickly... nope, I didn't Was originally going to be here two days ago...

Fortunately, the car was booked properly... but not sure about the hotel. And a 3 hour drive to it, wondering if there'd be a room...

Tried the new Diet Dew Violet stuff along the way. Goat piss. Berry-flavored goat piss. Never again.

Got to the hotel, but couldn't find it. GPS said I arrived, but the neighborhood said otherwise. Construction in the area didn't help any either. Looked up the hotel another way, but still no luck... it was *NOT* in the parking lot of a corner car stereo installation joint.

Finally called the hotel to ask where they were, and just as they answered, glanced over and saw the sign. Whew! Only 400 yards off, but a very important 400 yards...

Got into the hotel, and the AC was going full blast in my room. Switched on the heat ('cause I was kind of cold), noticed a musty "first time of the season" smell... and then the smoke alarm went off!

Turned out to be a false alarm, and now the windows are open to ease things out. Much better....

All that aside... WR, enjoy life on the solo side. DS, hope you feel better soon. FSA, hope a job comes soon, and one of the joys in gaming is finding a challenge that *just* might be too hard. And DA, welcome back!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #38
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Yeah, difficulty just leveled off, my power grew pretty quickly. Now I go up against a large group of enemies with all red life bars (basically the highest marking for levels over you) and obliterate them. Killed my first dragon of the game. One of the out of the way ones north of Porto Draco. Larinor, I think. Or something similar. My NPC had a nasty tendency to stand directly in front of the Dragon. I just kept riding behind and casting a high level lightning bolt and renewing celestial light. Now I just want to beat the game so I can access higher difficulty levels. Definately more entertaining than Diablo2.

Speaking of bad Dew encounters, see if you can find Mt. Dew "Throwback". Supposedly uses only pure natural cane sugar for sweetening. Had a horrendously bitter finish. The "Throwback" name kind of became an unintentional joke.

Oh yeah, just started reading Eragon this week. Like it much more than the movie.

In other news, my niece is 6 months old as of yesterday. She's now crawling, giggling and gabbling (what passes as talking for babies), and basically being very social. Can't wait till Thanksgiving when I get to see her again.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 10-07-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #39
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

this may be the wrong thread to ask this on, but did they ever decide to make another eragon movie?

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:42 AM   #40
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Books & TV/Movies forum would probably be better place to ask, but no I haven't heard anything about a second Eragon movie. Granted, I usually don't hear about a movie until TV commercials start running.