Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-09-2001, 03:57 PM   #31
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Salut Moiraine !

First of all, I received your email with the instruction file this morning.
So once more, thanks a lot ! Or if you prefer: you once again succeeded to
scare me, oh fearsome pearl of France - with your reliability, relentless effort, caring nature and kindness.

So, how do you I now break the bad news to that lovely lady ?

I have a growing suspicion that there may be a real problem with downloading
Yorick's songs from Stealthy's site - at least with certain browsers/software/systems. As a matter of fact, I have reread the entire thread and not found anyone reporting a successful download - correct me if I have missed something.

Here is what happened: I downloaded the mpack tool and, thanks to your thorough instructions, managed to join the downloaded songs fragments without too much trouble. Only afterwards the songs would not play, neither in Windows Media Player nor in Winamp. Upon further investigation I discovered that the reason was that the file size of the downloaded fragments was 96 bytes instead of the about 7oo K it should be. I had already wondered why the downloading had been so quick, but had no worried too much about it, as all the files seemed to have been there when I checked. So, unfortunately, I have to refute my report of the successful download yesterday.

I went back to Stealthy's site, tried to download again, but the outcome was the same. That is when I left-click the link and then select the "save to disk" option. When I right-click and choose "save link as" as you suggested to Milamber nothing happens. After rereading his post, I think that our problems sound similar, especially as I neither get to the typical downloading window, the one with the moving bar indicating the progress.

To clear things up: I am running Netscape 6, have never had problems downloading before - well, exact for the occasional Windows crash out of nowhere after 75 of a 90 minutes download - but have also never downloaded any MP3-files.

Could it be that it is a timing-out problem, because Stealthy's site just cannot handle the traffic anymore ?

Would be a major effort needed to load up one song to Wolfie's site for a test ? I think he was so kind to offer it to you, anyway.

But above all: take it easy, take your time ! I can wait.

Btw, I posted it here instead of emailing you, so that anybody who might know a solution gets to see it.

Thanks again for all the effort you put into being our music broker !

------------------
So long !

Rģ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 05:08 PM   #32
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Thank you, I will give it a try.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:22 PM   #33
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

It appears that Ramon and I are in the same boat. I just tried what you suggested Moiraine, and it didn't work. If anyone has a fast internet connection, and could email me the mp3's it would be great. I know that there was some talk about other people hosting them on their sites, and I will make the same offer if Yorick is interested.

------------------
Tremble and despair, for I am power! All here are now judged, and are found wanting.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:28 PM   #34
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Tobbin!

HOWL WITH ME FRIEND!!!

My site is up again and FINALLY people can get to download your story!!!!

------------------

Does electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-09-2001, 05:32 PM   #35
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Moiraine - I haven't received those CDs yet. Did you send them?

------------------
Old 03-09-2001, 05:49 PM   #36
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOWWW
OW OW OW
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Wolfgir my friend, good to see you here. Haven't seen you in awhile. Have you seen my movie Gif's. I've been playing. Heh heh heh. Just got 4 more movies today. Scary Movie, Battlefield Earth (God, am I stupid or what), Titan A.E., and Nutty Professor II (Still haven't seen this one yet.) Been thinking about making some Gif's from this stuff to capture moods or stuff.

I am elated my friend. I feel like I can fly.

Hey way cool!

Tell me is Titan A.E any good? Thatīs the only movie of the above mentioned I havenīt seen..
But I like the animation saw a roport of the making and it seemed like they hadnīt done a cut in the budget there..

------------------

Do electric wolves dream of electric sheep?
Old 03-09-2001, 06:12 PM   #37
Moiraine
Anubis

Hey, I just tried to download a song part on Stealthy's site - and it worked OK (got the 700 K, listened to it and it played fine). I really don't know what is the problem you experience - I will try to get some insight on it.

LadyWendy, I sent you the CDs last Monday, you should receive them tomorrow or Monday.

Milamber, I will send you Yorick's songs next Monday.

Oh, well, now, I will not be stopped by a stupid computer problem, now will I ?

------------------
Old 03-10-2001, 01:12 AM   #38
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Hey way cool!

Tell me is Titan A.E any good? Thatīs the only movie of the above mentioned I havenīt seen..
But I like the animation saw a roport of the making and it seemed like they hadnīt done a cut in the budget there..

Just watched it today. A few minutes ago actually. LOL. It's a pretty good movie. The beginning kind of had me wondering, but it got much better really quick. There were a few parts that seemed kind of intuitive, but overall worth a rental. As for the Nutty Professor II, well, it had me wishing it was over quicker. Ah well. It's not a total loss though. It was just that I went into it with high hopes from memories of the first one. Didn't really see any scenes that I wanted to "borrow" from any of the 4 movies that I bought, but . . . To early to tell.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-10-2001, 06:47 AM   #39
Stealthy

Tobbin, I can also download from my site, no problem, from any machine. I have just done so at work. I simply left clicked on th file and a download window opened fine. However, for some reason, the first attempt always produces an error message. Also make sure you have signed in first, before trying to download. Finally, it does not support Go!zilla downloads, so others may not work either. However, after the error message you are allowed to bypass go!zilla and this works fine. Hope this helps.

Ramon and Milamber, you need to join first, before attemting to post, download etc. Go to tools and join their, or click join in the taskbar at the top if visible. Read the above comments also.

------------------

Never accept an invitation from Wolfgir to a BBQ!
Old 03-10-2001, 06:51 AM   #40
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Stealthy,
I got your mails, I am happy you enjoy the CDs !
I tried the download on your site, and as for you, it worked fine.
Maybe I should remove some songs ? I have stuffed your storage area pretty full with those.

------------------