Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2002, 01:02 PM   #31
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
once again you are right cerek, and maybe a new rivalry has been born here. I do have to fill you in on something here about MJ, he couldn't have shoved brian shaw to the side because brian shaw wasn't playing for the jazz at that time, in fact, he never did. You probably meant bryon russell, didn't you ?
I was pretty sure I had the player right...so I must be wrong about the team.

Who did Chicago beat for the 6th championship?

If it was Utah, then you must be right about Bryon Russell.

Either way, MJ got away with fairly obvious PUSH, but that's because he was who he was.

The one other lesson Sacramento needs to learn is to QUIT WHINING to the referees. They will NEVER go in your favor if you get in thier face all the time. The Lakers hardly disputed a call in the entire series, and they never got in the ref's faces about it when they did complain.
[/QUOTE]the 5th and 6th both were against the jazz,and MJ practicly got away with anything, he was and still is possibly the biggest trashtalker in the game. He called it: getting in the opponents head, and that was exactly what he did. Remember the finals against the sonics ? At a certain point he got in payton's head, and from that moment the sonics were lost. He also did these kind of things with the refs, and it worked too, sometimes they just didn't dare to make a call against him anymore. He wasn't just the best player, he was also the smartest.
Old 06-04-2002, 01:57 PM   #32
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Well I still wanted the Kings to win... it's saddening...

Anyways I am routing for Nets... I hope they surprise the LAkers... I don't want them to win anymore... it's getting boring... [img]smile.gif[/img]
You were bored with the last 7 games?
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 06-04-2002, 02:13 PM   #33
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Well I still wanted the Kings to win... it's saddening...

Anyways I am routing for Nets... I hope they surprise the LAkers... I don't want them to win anymore... it's getting boring... [img]smile.gif[/img]
You were bored with the last 7 games?[/QUOTE]probably he is bored with the fact the lakers keep winning. If you're not a lakers fan (like me)it's getting irritating. On the other hand, they're simply the best, so what can you say ?
Old 06-04-2002, 02:22 PM   #34
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think it's a common thing to get bored when one team dominates a sport for several years.

It didn't happen too much with the Celtics and Lakers that I mentioned previously because they traded the NBA title back and forth and the games were always exciting.

It becomes boring when you get a team like the Bulls or current Lakers that are just SO much better than the competition that they basically Bulldoze through everybody.

I do agree with you, Milamber, that the Western Conference Finals were 7 of the most exciting games I've seen in a loooooong time. I don't think ANY of the 7 games were decided for certain until the last minute of the game --- then Game 7 goes down to the last few seconds of Overtime...it doesn't get much better than that.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:00 PM   #35
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i didn't get bored with the bulls, not that i'm a bullsfan, it's more that i am a MJ adept. I have lots of tapes and books about him, i just can't get enough of MJ i gues, not even now that he is a wizard.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:03 PM   #36
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I think bored maybe isn't the right word. Irritated, or unhappy maybe, but not bored. The last few games have been some of the best I've ever seen.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 06-04-2002, 04:10 PM   #37
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I think bored maybe isn't the right word. Irritated, or unhappy maybe, but not bored. The last few games have been some of the best I've ever seen.
i absolutely agree with you on that one, great series.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:26 PM   #38
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
anyone gonna watch the game tonight ?
Old 06-05-2002, 07:59 PM   #39
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Well speaking of the Bulls-Jazz, I cant remember with game it was, but it was the game winning shot, and if anyone remembers, it can be realated too the game six shot of the lakers-kings, I think it was MJ, maybe not, he shot the ball and the clock was clearly gone before the ball even reached the rim.

Malone should have a ring.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:08 PM   #40
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Well speaking of the Bulls-Jazz, I cant remember with game it was, but it was the game winning shot, and if anyone remembers, it can be realated too the game six shot of the lakers-kings, I think it was MJ, maybe not, he shot the ball and the clock was clearly gone before the ball even reached the rim.

Malone should have a ring.
you're wrong dude, it's not a matter of going through the basket after the buzzer, what matters is: did the ball leave his hands before the buzzer went off. And it did, so sorry for both you and the mailman but MJ deserved the ring.