Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-27-2002, 09:52 PM   #11
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
You been reserving that turkey antryg?
No, I've been cloning it. Ever since the late and great party thread I've been working "here at Muppets Labs". I have 260 on my computer right now. Whenever I get hungry I just clone a turkey jpg and with a little Muppet magic I have a nice meal. Cajun deep fried tonight. uuuuhhhhmmmmm...turkey [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 09:55 PM   #12
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
One of these days I'm going to have to try white-bread dressing. Everyone down here does cornbread dressing and it's so dry and nasty, I can't stand it.

As is, I'm making dirty rice with andouille sausage for our "dressing", if you can call it that. I'm not stuffing the turkey with it, though.

Cheers,
-Saz
Just a note: cornbread dressing doesn't have to be dry. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My recipe (which has been a hit for the last 10 years) involves homemade cornbread, homemade biscuits combined on the order of 2/3 to 1/3, add a bag of store bought dressing, add four cans of unsalted chicken broth and add in the turkey juices plus 6 eggs. Let it all sit for about 15 minutes so that all the liquid can mix well with the dry. If the dressing looks too moist, it's perfect. This will ensure the dressing is still moist when done.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:00 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Sounds like fun LadyZ [img]smile.gif[/img] . Hope you worked out the perfect gift for your secretary [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually my boss picked out something, a crystal serving bowl, pretty expensive too! So I worried what to get her for nothing. My boss made it sound like it was all up to me last week, then turns around and gets the gift himself!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 10:02 PM   #14
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

My thanksgiving was ages ago... Americans have Thanksgiving at a weird time. It is supposed to be thanking for a harvest, but the harvest time was October and September. It was snowing and -12 C today, which would NOT be a good time to harvest.
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:02 PM   #15
Ladyzekke

Quote:
LOL, LadyZekke! I can see I'll be needing to get a few more Dungeon Siege maps up for you at my walkthrough site.

-Sazerac
Heehee, well maybe just one

Love your holiday sig Saz! Sounds like we are both doing a similar thing this year staying home! Turkey cheers!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 10:05 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
WOW! That's gonna be rough, LadyZ! *hugs*

Definitely enjoy your time off! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I only get tomorrow off, so I cooked the turkey last night and am working on the rest of the dishes right now. I will pack it all up and head over to my Mom's tomorrow. We'll kill time until lunch, then kick back and watch the game. [img]smile.gif[/img] Tradition in our family. Not a lot of hubbub, but nice just the same.
Hey that sounds cool too Brenbren! You got your turkey already done! Ack I only hope mine is thawed out by tomorrow LOL! Not going to even ask you what your side dishes are, as they will make me hungry and envious LOL [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 10:06 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
quote:
LOL, LadyZekke! I can see I'll be needing to get a few more Dungeon Siege maps up for you at my walkthrough site.

-Sazerac
Heehee, well maybe just one

Love your holiday sig Saz! Sounds like we are both doing a similar thing this year staying home! Turkey cheers!
[/QUOTE]I'll see what I can do re: the maps. At least now I'll have some extra time! [img]smile.gif[/img] Still playing PS : T, though.

Right back at ya with the turkey cheers! Do you watch the football games or do you give them a miss?

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-27-2002, 10:08 PM   #18
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I've got a semi-icy Butterball turkey in my fridge right now! Gonna have turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, glazed carrots, white-bread stuffing (from scratch!) gravy and rolls. Then for later we have pumpkin pie, gingerbread and pastries. MMMMM.. love those four day weekends!

I'll be celebrating with my best friend and of course, Jim. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lovestory2.gif[/img]
Sounds just like the same dinner I have planned Sis! Except for the glazed carrots, didn't think of that (dammit!). And no gingerbread or pastries either, just pumpkin pie. I wanna have Thanksgiving at your house!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 10:10 PM   #19
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
We'll eat at my wife's grandmother's at 11AM, and then at my grandmother's at 2PM! Full bellies will definately be the order of the day...lol. We'll be home around 4PM, and watch some Christmas videos or programs on television.

I usually avoid going out on the Friday after Thanksgiving day, but this year my wife and I, our kids, and my parents are going to see "Santa Clause 2; The MRS Clause" at 1PM.

Saturday and Sunday I'll be working, but I was very happy to end up with tomorrow and Friday off this year. Not just happy, I'm thankful.

I hope you all have a great and safe loooong holiday weekend. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Ah yes, make the rounds, then flop like twice baked potatoes onto your couch at home and watch movies, the classic Thanksgiving

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-27-2002, 10:12 PM   #20
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

I made a gingernread house once. Althouh "completely and utterly mauled" might be a better verb (or bunch of verbs). It was a terrible mess... The icing got everywhere and wouldn't stick to the gingerbread, just to the table and my clothes. At least we got to eat the thing...
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.