Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-01-2002, 09:29 AM   #51
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Well i'll be a kiwi sheep shagger. So whats your excuse for sucking at them then? [img]tongue.gif[/img] We can at least claim we suck at soccer and rugby because they are not widely popular here
hmmm... good question. Well, we don't suck at baseball, we're actually pretty good at that, as for american football, the only dutch player is a fieldgoalkicker and he never missed, the others are lame americans, you probably had no use for em and send em to us. Hockey is a mistery to me since every dutchman can skate and fieldhockey is being played a lot, so if you combine those two.....And basketball, well, you know what they say, white men can't jump.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:26 PM   #52
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
The TV station stopped for an ad break and when they came back the commentator saud: 'While you were away this happened' and they proceded to show the only game of the match.
I presume you meant to say GOAL, not GAME right?

Saz! I hear you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-01-2002, 12:44 PM   #53
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
The TV station stopped for an ad break and when they came back the commentator saud: 'While you were away this happened' and they proceded to show the only game of the match.

[/QUOTE]I think Donut's linguistic abilities have been hampered by footie and beer We can expect him back on form (or not as the case may be) after the final. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2002, 12:53 PM   #54
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]I think Donut's linguistic abilities have been hampered by footie and beer We can expect him back on form (or not as the case may be) after the final. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]You mean when England are back on the plane home after nine days, right?

Old 06-01-2002, 12:58 PM   #55
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]You mean when England are back on the plane home after nine days, right?
[/QUOTE]lol i was gonna say that, but you beat me to it.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:59 PM   #56
Epona
Zartan

That's precisely what I meant by my 'or not as the case may be' comment Memnoch
Old 06-01-2002, 01:47 PM   #57
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Well i'll be a kiwi sheep shagger. So whats your excuse for sucking at them then? [img]tongue.gif[/img] We can at least claim we suck at soccer and rugby because they are not widely popular here
hmmm... good question. Well, we don't suck at baseball, we're actually pretty good at that, as for american football, the only dutch player is a fieldgoalkicker and he never missed, the others are lame americans, you probably had no use for em and send em to us. Hockey is a mistery to me since every dutchman can skate and fieldhockey is being played a lot, so if you combine those two.....And basketball, well, you know what they say, white men can't jump.[/QUOTE]I beg to differ [img]smile.gif[/img]

What about the kings? Or Dallas? Most fo the players there are white. WEll maybe not most in the kings, but Dallas at least.

Nash that plays for the mavericks is one of the most tricky players there are when it come to ball handling. If I remember correctly the last 3 years a white person has lead at 3 poins made.

They wear Stockton in 1999.

And Stoiojkovich the next too.

Oh and as for why Dutch dont play Ice Hockey when they all can skate and field hockey is big, is becasue its realyl a diffrent game. There requites more stick handling in ICe Hockey because the puck is harder to controll on ice. That maybe one thing. And you have to be more alert in Ice Hockey, one guy can slip and it turns over a breakaway.

[ 06-01-2002, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]
Old 06-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #58
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i didn't mean 3- point shooting, every white nba player can shoot, no problem. I meant dominate the boards, slamdunk, you know, i don't believe i ever saw stockton do that, or nash. Stojakovic maybe, but that doesn't count. He's not exactly white, he's transparant.
Old 06-01-2002, 06:48 PM   #59
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
i didn't mean 3- point shooting, every white nba player can shoot, no problem. I meant dominate the boards, slamdunk, you know, i don't believe i ever saw stockton do that, or nash. Stojakovic maybe, but that doesn't count. He's not exactly white, he's transparant.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Divac? Or Nowitski? Beside its 3 points and Free Throws that win games.

[ 06-01-2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Grand-Ranger ]
Old 06-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #60
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Yorick I'm almost sure that there's something in the TOS that stops you taking the piss out of drunken BriTs on IW.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show