Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-20-2000, 08:15 PM   #1
boby

1-Very very very stupid guild system.Each time i want to get a quest i have to talk to the guy using all the chars so they all get the quest and worst is when the task is complete i have to talk to the stupid guy with all my char over and over again...Are you guys at HP to dumb to do a system where all the eligible chars get the quest and all the chars that did the quest all get the reward at the same time.

2-WAAAAAAYYYYY too easy.Come on HP we are not playing some stupid BARBIE GRAB A SWORD AND GO BUTT KICKING IN THE SHOPPING CENTER GAME!!!!!!! Usually when i explore a dark dungeon full of monster im going in slowly to check for traps and to see what monsters lie ahead but in this game HAHAHAHA!!!! Its soo easy i just rush in the level blindly i dont care if there is a trap ill just heal it up with my infinite healing spell..if there is a monster i dont really care since they are sooo wimpy 2-3 blow with the sword and hes dead.One big letdown was the pit monster in boogre cave.All the npc told me that was a big ass monster so i was all happy ``WOHOO SOME CHALLENGE!!!!!``I casted all the bless haste and others on the party and went in for the fight i was excited.....Boy was i wrong and it ended up as a boring easy fight like all the ones before..... (BTW I DONT USE CHEAT ,BUG EXPLOIT AND DIFFICULTY IS SET ON HARD)

3-Very bad spell system.The infinite mana just sucks.I can cast all the spell i want wander around some more and BINGO!! back to full mana.Not enough spell and most of them are useless.All the buff spells are useless cuz the game is too easy so using them only make the game more pathetic.

4-The story sucks BAAAAAAAD.I played BG2 and TORMENT and boy those 2 games really have a STORY.So dont tell me there is a story behind W&W.

5-Lifeless party.Come on guys it could be fun to hear the party members talking to easy other from time to time.I want to hear my fighter say: DIE YOU EVIL MONSTER or AHHHH IM HURT BADLY or maybe NICE SHOT after another party member make a good shot.

6-NO MORE STUPID FED-EX QUEST.

7-Big lack of polish on that one.Im tired of hearing SHINWIKI telling me : WHY HAVENT YOU GO TO TOAD VILLAGE? WAAAAAAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!! I already been there and killed the evil.

8-Lack of balance. Mage are too powerful with the big spell.Bow and throwing weapons are useless.The only weapon skill usefull is the sword skill since magic axes and polearms are sucky.

9-Have i said this game is easy?

10-I trully wanted to love the game but the more i played the more flaws i discovered..The best moments of the game where character generation and the first fight with the bandit (where the first horse is).It went down from that moment on.

11-But the funniest thing is before starting BG2 i tough that game was ok but after playing BG for a week now i realized that W&W was some beta crap sended to us a la Ultima.

12-WHERE THE HELL IS THE RESTING BUTTON????????
I want to go kill monster at day and rest at night like any normal adventurer do.I dont want to go on a rampage at night in the cemetary.

13-WHERE THE HELL IS THE QUICK SAVE BUTTON????????

14-WHERE THE HELL IS THE MOUSE SENSIBILITY SLIDER????????

15-HOW COME I HAVE TO BO BACK TO TOWN TO LOAD A GAME???????????

16-THE INVENTORY SYSTEM IS VERY BAD.Lets say my inventory is full and i want to change my current shield with the one i have in my backpack.Usually i click on the equipped shield and i click on the one in the backpack and it swithes between them but guess what I CANT.
Lets say i got a quest item i wanna trade to another char . I pick up the item and click on the other char but the other char inventory is full.....In all decent RPG i hear a light BUZZ so i know hes full but guess what THEY SCREWED THAT TOO.. In wiz the quest item end up on the ground so i have to close the window and grab that item again.

Conclusion

A rushed game that could be good with a few patches.......

WIZARDRY 8 SAVE US PLEEEEAAAASE!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2000, 03:54 PM   #2
boby

WIZ 8 SAVE US!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2000, 04:07 PM   #3
Pegasus

You sure your name isn't BOOB??? Because you sure bitch like one, grow up!

Old 10-21-2000, 06:22 PM   #4
rygar

While you do make some good points about the game I still find it quite fun to play. I hope they come out with a patch it would make it that much better. As far as waiting for wizardry, don't get your hopes up it's not the same group making that game.(which really scares the hell out of me). Crusaders of the dark savant was the best one I ever played.
That's just my opinion.

Old 10-21-2000, 07:15 PM   #5
BlackFiend

You finished the game? Bravo.

There are so many things wrong with it that I got to the third town and gave up indefinitely.

One good thing that came out of it: I finally decided that I could write a better RPG than an available commercial game. So far it's going quite well.