Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2000, 04:09 PM   #1
Dee Lawn

I am this close to getting back to my own computer and BG2, so I bought the strategy guide. Now I can't decide whether to play my mage from BG or to play a cavalier. I read that there are sub-quests involved with the strongholds, can someone tell me what sub-quests there are for the mage stonghold and what ones there are for paladins? Which are the most interesting, etc.?

Old 11-07-2000, 05:39 PM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

The Mage has the best stronghold.

Old 11-07-2000, 05:48 PM   #3
Dee Lawn

Why?

Old 11-07-2000, 09:43 PM   #4
Tara

I disagree, I think the fighter stronghold is best. D'Arnise kepis not only less strange than the planar sphere it makes more money too.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:53 PM   #5
Armisael

I hate the d'Arnise keep. It's big, it's boring, and it revolves around that useless NPC Nalia. My favourite stronghold is the thieves' guild. Complicated, yes, but fun.

Old 11-07-2000, 10:17 PM   #6
Dee Lawn

What kind of quests are generated by owning the Fighter's stronghold? How many soldiers are there? Where does the money come from? I know, I know I have alot of questions...

Old 11-07-2000, 11:58 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The thieves guild is the best stronghold I have had so far but then again i've only had the ranger's one and i got that in Chap 6 when the game was nearly over so i have no idea what that one is like.

I think all of them have their challenges and excitements and I want to try them all out.
Old 11-08-2000, 12:24 AM   #8
Dee Lawn

The strongholds are the thing that makes it so hard to choose a character... I like all save maybe the bard, cleric, and druid's. Granted I have only read tid-bits about each here and in the strategy guide. So damn frustrating having to use public terminals, I want to play this game sooooooo bad! Any info on the mage and paladin (or more on the fighter) stronghold would be appreciated. This is the only way I can satisfy my desire to play...through osmosis.

Old 11-08-2000, 12:34 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You can find a SPOILER on what is involved with each stronghold here. Don't say i didn't warn you...
Old 11-08-2000, 01:02 AM   #10
Dee Lawn

MEMNOCH YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!