Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-15-2003, 02:50 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Here is another page from the Comic I've been redrawing, called "Intruders -on Earth-". I'm almost done with issue 1 (this is from issue 1). I've redrawn everything in 3D Modeling and 2D effects. Let me know what you think!

(Also just finished my other Comic (Project DB) and will be released this Friday!)

If you ever watched the TV series called "War of the Worlds" which aired in 1989-1990, this comic is loosely based on that show.

Comments? [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-15-2003, 03:02 AM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Coooooool! Never watched the show you mentioned, but I cant wait to see the whole thing! Looks intresting!

[ 04-15-2003, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 04-15-2003, 03:10 AM   #3
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Wow, thats good! I could probably understand it properly if I had seen the show but it looks like a great story.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:14 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

That comic is cool. But Ive never heard of the War of the Worlds series - I thught it was just a movie and a book.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:44 AM   #5
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Right on Z!! Looks real good. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 03:58 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

PS: I have drawn all the pages in 300 dpi, so what you see has been shrunk down to 72 dpi for web viewing.

[ 04-15-2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 04-15-2003, 04:03 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

ahh yes, I remember that you posted about this some time ago. didn't realise the comic thing is still going on.

I've seen war of the worlds, looks like the comic is similar to that one. good work Ziroc. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 05:57 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Looks totally awesome Ziroc. I´ll be awaiting the first issue. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 07:32 AM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
That comic is cool. But Ive never heard of the War of the Worlds series - I thught it was just a movie and a book.
In the early 1900s the book was read live over the radio, commercial free and uninterupted, when people tuned into it, before hearing that it was a reading of a book, they thought that it meant an actual invasion had begun, the radio station, loving all the paniced calls they were getting in, even modified the reading live by not only dramatizing it but making it take place in american towns rather than london. This caused enough panic for mass scuicides and people to lock themselves inside buildings until they died from lack of nuetrients air and water, it was simply that frightening for them to think that their world was under attack by mars [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Then nearing the end they realized that the story had gotten too personal for one reported who'd lived through it all and they figured out that it wasn't real, unforutnetly many people didn't bother to keep listening in, expecting martian death walkers to rain down on them at any minute, shooting out killer black smoke, or like in the movies, martian death flying craft that shoot evaporating laser beams, either way, I thought it was a great book, and I've heard the radio broadcast and seen the movie, a great Idea, Z's story doesnt really seem too intertwined, for example: aliens in War of the Worlds couldn't controll humans they just wanted to vaporize them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Z's comic looks cooler because of the fact that aliens hidden in humans could be anyone (think first wave meets the day the earth stood still) [img]tongue.gif[/img] Really cool stuff, man. Say, that reminds me Z, have you ever read my one of my comics? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 07:52 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Was the series called "V" in other parts of the world?

The comic looks good Ziroc [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years