Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > The Great Escape Studios > 3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions

Old 09-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
Chevar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm working on a bg2 modding project, and have been given permission ot use a set of 3d models in my project, but the software I'm using wont handle the render. Is there anyone that would be willing to assist me with this?
Chevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

What program are you using?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 11:38 PM   #3
Chevar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
What program are you using?
I have Trans3d and uh.. metasequoi(sp)
Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

BG2 is sprite based. Are you talking about rendering their moves out and cutting each render into a sprite clip? I have never heard of that program. What is the actual file ext? You can download truespace3.01 for free now, and import it, if it's like a .3ds file, and run the animation, and set the output to TGA, render out each frame as a tga and then go into adobe and drop the background out with alpha. then bif it.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 12:38 AM   #5
Chevar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
BG2 is sprite based. Are you talking about rendering their moves out and cutting each render into a sprite clip? I have never heard of that program. What is the actual file ext? You can download truespace3.01 for free now, and import it, if it's like a .3ds file, and run the animation, and set the output to TGA, render out each frame as a tga and then go into adobe and drop the background out with alpha. then bif it.
This is for map tiles, not animations.. okay.. Let me be more specific - Visual aids are fun.. please follow this link;

http://www.rodluc.com/download.htm

I have the 3d artists permission to use all of his models in my BG2 modding project, as long as I give him a by-line and put his link in the credits.

I need them rendered in a proper scale and isometric view for use in Infinity engine maps.. my (freeware) software can't handle it..

hey he has a new one.. Doh! this is getting frustrating.

[ 09-18-2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Chevar ]
Old 09-18-2004, 01:15 AM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Holy crap! I've been to that exact site and leeched all those models as well! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I planned on using them in the remake of the goldbox game engine I and many others are working on. I know exactly what you mean about the angle. I used an angle as well, and it was the the 'overland map'. I do all the stock art for Dungeon Craft (DC) as well as a few others, and have been modding since the old loderunner days (And even did loads of Doom 1 maps). I never used these models as I decided to make my own models and some I drew by hand.

I'll see what I can render out, it may be a while, I have a load of work I'm working on--releasing 2 new comic books and my NWN mod..

Did you download that Truespace 3 full version yet? It's SO easy to learn btw, and is EXCELLENT for game making as well as website graphics!

[ 09-18-2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:14 AM   #7
Chevar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Honestly, no I haven't even looked into the truespace free sw.. I'm so bogged down it's incredible.

I've been modding for a long time as well - not loadrunner tho' I had a blast playing it, but never modded it..

my first real effort was a DOOM1+2 mod which changed a lot of the sprites, and increased rate of fire, and projectile types.. BFG5000 hyper-rocket cannon kind of stuff.. "Doom Carnage" was never released unfortunately.. and I lost it in a drive crash

in any case.. Luca's actually really nice. All I include a name and a linkin the credits, and I'm good as gold..

I'm hoping to have a release near the end of next month.. I have about 50 maps to make (guessing), and I'm turning out 2 every three days at the moment - which isn't nearly enough.

Spending the time to learn new software, and figgure out how to scale render and set iso will have a major impact on my schedule. I'm trying to get it out before my novel get's back from my editor.. because once that happens I have to make corrections, and get back to work on my book.