Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-01-2002, 09:53 AM   #1
Kaltia
Jack Burton

As part of my I.T coursework i have to design a web-page. Just don't ask. Since I can type up a walk-through for BG: SoA and ToB, and it covers the "interests" part quite well, I decided to do just that.
The walk-through is near finished but I realised I want to broaden the advice I give. I would like multiple view points and methods of destroying bosses, party combinations, etc.
I would like (This is a plea, here [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) it if people could post their methods of killing the bosses? methods would be credited to you-eg, Alson's project image and shapechange trick and (if you want) I would be happy to include e-mail addresses and stuff. i think i have taken on a bit more than I can chew alone, here, which is why i would very much appreciate any help you could give me. Methods of killing the bosses like dragons, Kangaxx, the twisted rune, the ToB and SoA bosses, even things that might tax a new party like the fight above the Seven Vales and WK, would all be thankfully recieved. If you can help please post your methods below? It also strikes me that we could make this thread a compendium of knowledge, as it were, bumping it with it's information to point out to those who ask the same questions? It would certainly save having thirty "Kangaxx" and "Blakrazor" threads on two pages
Even if this is deleted (and if it is, i apologise) I would very much appreciate the help. Thank you all in advance.

[ 11-01-2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:50 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Having a thread to cover every single topic will be impossible. The idea has been suggested before, but there are simply too many things to cover. Even the fabled Dan Simpson's Walkthrough does not cover everything there is in Baldur's Gate 2, and his Walkthrough is HUGE.

I suppose I sound like a pain now, but this is my opinion. As for Boss tactics... once again there are too many variables. There is a reason why I insist a person to tell me his party makeup before I formulate a tactic for him( 90% success rate so far, I am proud to say ).

10% because either his party was too low a level, or other reasons.

Of course... there are universal rules, like how it is a bad idea to use fire-based spells on Fire Elementals. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, some basic rules when dealing with Kangaxx the Demi-Lich,

1) Have measures to prevent Imprisonment
2) Use +4 enchanted or better weapons
3) Use level 10 spells, needs ToB installed
4) Do not use summons

Basic rules of Dragon fights,

1) Always use summons
2) Summons in the front, melee party members at the back of the Dragon
3) Lower the Dragon's Magic Resistance and Saving Throws
4) Attempt to attain immunity to the Dragon's Breath attack
5) Do not use elemental damage that is associated with the Dragon

Basic rules of Boss fights,

1) Always use summons
2) Lower the Boss' Magic Resistance and Saving Throws

This is merely a drop in the ocean. If you have anymore specific requests, feel free to ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 10:55 AM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Cheers, Dundee [img]smile.gif[/img]
I have the basic kangaxx- you know, the protection from abjuration (lvl 5 spell) protection from magic and undead scrolls, +4 weapons (sling of everad and gesen come to mind), that sort of thing. i also have the mega-cheesey method of "exterminating" dragons [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2002, 11:01 AM   #4
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Be sure to include all the different stronghold quests. This is where most walkthroughs misses out.
Old 11-01-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

So, do you have any specific requests?
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:11 AM   #6
dragon_lord
Elminster

Have you uploaded your site any where yet? I would like to see what its like so far.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:14 AM   #7
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Sorcerer tactics would be appreciated, I have a lot of raw information, the point is turning it into stuff lol!
Dragon_lord, no, I have all my information on a text document waiting to be finished before I upload
Old 11-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
dragon_lord
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I have a lot of raw information, the point is turning it into stuff lol!
I know the feeling; i have about 900 screen shots waiting to be labeled and turned into area maps for my web site. I'll get there one day i swear!!
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:21 AM   #9
Alson
Galvatron

About Sorcerer tactics - maybe the BG2 Spell Reference might inspire you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-01-2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:05 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

PlanetBaldursGate has a bunch of tactics/strategies sent in by readers, on good ways to beat the various difficult fights.

Let's try to compile a list of "newbie choke points" in SoA:
Mencar Pebblecrusher
Umber Hulks & Dog Stew
Lich in the City Gates
Shadow Thieves or Bodhi?
Sided with the Thieves, can't open the blue stone door
What's this "Level Drained" thing mean?
Riddle in the Sewers
Draug Fea in the Temple Sewers
Can't open this one door in the Temple Sewers
Planar Sphere--how to get in
Planar Sphere--how to get out