Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2004, 03:55 PM   #21
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Noticed? I believe there are a few threads in your honor. Good to have you back though buddy, IW hasn't been the same without your wit
Old 08-20-2004, 04:52 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Funny how Carmelo Anthony and Larry Brown have fallen out, eh... Brown's even slagging him off in public!

Old 08-20-2004, 06:59 AM   #23
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Mad

Would you expect any less of the team that came fourth at the basketball worlds last year Davros old bean?

On a side note, another nailbiter, this time between China and New Zealand in the womans basketball. Very nice final play there by the ladies to clinch the win [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for our well rounded medal tally... we've got a campaign strategy this olympics; it's known as "operation beat the Irish". Basically, rather than trying to set unrealistic goals of keeping up with the likes of our good friends across the ditch (the aussies) we're aiming for claiming more medals than a country of similair land mass and population. At last count, the medal count reads...

Ireland - 0
New Zealand - 0

all I got to say now is just wait for the rowing [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 07:02 AM   #24
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
all I got to say now is just wait for the rowing [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Dude! The deputy head prefect of my year at high school is in the four-man finalist rowing team! I was watching the Olympic highlights and was like 'WOAH! That's Carl!!' [img]smile.gif[/img] He's a bit of a redneck country boy, but I wish him, at the rest of the atheletes well [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2004, 07:20 AM   #25
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
He's a bit of a redneck country boy
he's from Gore?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:47 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

How poor was that ref call that led to the Tall Blacks' fluke win...

Old 08-20-2004, 07:56 AM   #27
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
He's a bit of a redneck country boy
he's from Gore? [/QUOTE]Heh heh, no. Dunstan, which is in central Otago, near the Clyde Dam. Nice enough guy. He's one of those ridiculously-awesome-at-everything over-achiever types. I would be jealous, but when you had to grow up around so many people who were better than you at everything (Carl being one), you learn to just let go of your ego
Old 08-20-2004, 06:05 PM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Seriously now... coach Brown didn't pick the players he wanted to perform during the olympics. I don't know why, but a man with so much b-ball know-how wouldn't start a campaign with this selection. It's simple, the US has the best players in the world, all you have to do as a coach is try to make a team out of all these spoiled individuals. Personally, i don't think coach Brown had a say in which players selected, otherwise guys like Iverson or Marion wouldn't even be there. Not that they're not good enough, or talented and spectacular enough, they're not winners, simple enough. Knowing Brown's way of thinking, he'd much rather selected guys like Ben Wallace, Raheed Wallace, and Chauncy Billups. Sure, team USA would be much less spectacular, but at least they would win every single game, and they wouldn't just win, but they would make their opponents look bad, and leave them bruised and battered in the end.

Unfortunately, some NBA hotshots think it's more important that the American players look good, play flashy, and dunk at every opportunity. I'm sure that's not how coach Brown approaches the game. Team USA learned a hard and valuable lesson two years ago at the worldchampionships, at least that's what i thought. They still look vulnerable on both ends of the floor, which i totally cannot understand. The NBA needs people who can actually think as a basketballplayer, and not just as a commercial manager, otherwise the best basketballnation will once again be emptyhanded in the end.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:24 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Actually Johnny, I've been less than impressed at Coach Brown's continual attempts to slag off his team and try and distance himself from each fiasco...surely as coach he has command accountability?

Old 08-21-2004, 03:50 AM   #30
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Actually Johnny, I've been less than impressed at Coach Brown's continual attempts to slag off his team and try and distance himself from each fiasco...surely as coach he has command accountability?
He's known as someone who can deal with big ego's, yes. I didn't read anything about what you said, but that's because olympic basketball hardly gets any attention overhere, but i must say i'm surprised, it doesn't sound like coach Brown. Sounds to me if he doesn't like his job at the moment.