Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 10:41 PM   #221
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Pandaros, blind in the dark, shoots Xaver in the back as the dwarf ran towards the ettin to hit it. [img]smile.gif[/img] jk

Round 11

Pandaros readied his arrow and when he locked on to the sound of the ettin, fired his shot right at the head of the moaning giant, landing a direct shot to the face. If that was not enough, Xaver was already on his way to the beast himself, and slung his hammer at the head of the ettin, knocking its head back and being rewarded with the sound of bones cracking in both the face and neck of the huge enemy. The ettin fell over, very much dead. Whether Pandaros' arrow had already did the job or if Xaver's swing did the trick, there's no telling. Suffice to say, the battle was won.

OOC>>>Xaver and Pandaros suffered no damage during this round. Sever is still in much need of help, but is stable at this time. The ettin is dead and you are free to RP betwixt yourselves.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #222
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver approached the giant and examined him for a few seconds to make sure he was dead. Then walked to his axe, picked it up, gave it a quick wipe and sheathed it.

"Pandaros! Come over here, it's dead." he shouted to the scout, then took a quick look around.

"Well, first things first. If anyone of you is badly hurt I can attend to his wounds. I think Sever especially might need a bit of healing. After this, there are a few things for us to do here before we leave this cave. Not the least of which will be having a small chat with our friend here."

The dwarf then looked around the cave to see if any of the debris lying around might be suitable to light a fire, or maybe even make a torch. His companions could sure use a bit of light.

OOC
If Xaver finds anything, he will attempt to make a fire/torch
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #223
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout released a sigh of relief and placed a newly drawn arrow back into his quiver.

"I'm glad that's over with." As the rush of battle dissipated Pandaros raised a shaking right hand to wipe away some of the grime and sweat from his face, then reached for the flask he kept secreted beneath his shirt. After a long pull on the hard drink he slipped it back into its hiding place and began to cautiously move towards Xaver.

"How bad is Sever hurt?"
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #224
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley

Oley nodded, rubbed at his chin as if in thought, "very well, inspect whatever you feel drawn to in the room, most of it is safe enough, and if your previous instruction was worth anything you'll be able to recognize the dangerous items from the harmless, if not, then our meeting will be very short indeed..." As he turned back to Kuankreid he muttered, "I wonder if that cleric at the temple of Demeter is powerful enough to raise the dead yet..."

He then looked at Kuan, "if you would be so kind, you can wait, in the menagerie until I am free, there are a few books on magical theory there, or you can view the creatures I've been building, the half pony half monkey monster is coming along nicely, My friend behind you would like a word with me, and I've a feeling your problem may be less simple to solve than a few answers or a quick check in the Codex Magicus."

(ooc: half pony half monkey monsters and evil geniuses

Also, I apologize for my absence, I've got net connection at home now so I won't have to sneak in posts at work as much.)

[ 05-09-2007, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #225
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Kuankreid (& Ainyra)

“Could always ask,” the elf muttered dryly to Oley in regards to the ‘raise dead’ comment, “Or wait and see…”

He nodded a little stiffly at the ‘suggestion’ of viewing the half-pony, half-monkey; as an elf, he found such practices distasteful. “Very well,” Kuan agreed, “But,” he stressed, “I would rather read than view such constructs.”

The elf frowned, “What friend behind me?” He turned around…

Ainyra however was more excited at the prospect of hearing about the Codex Magicus, “Oh!” she exclaimed, “I’ve wanted to read that for ages! I don’t really like magic books that much, but I’ve heard that one’s got some really interesting knowledge in it!”

Inwardly, Kuan sighed and shook his head; sometimes Ainyra liked knowledge even more than he did. She was a real glutton for it; always trying to research new ways for him to put on more magic displays for her. She was utterly enthralled by all the fascinating colours and the ‘feel’ of magic. Sometimes Kuan wondered who the real mage was here…

---
OOC: Loved the link, Morgie. Interesting critter there [img]smile.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #226
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

"I don't know." replied the dwarf in answer to Pandaros' question. "But I saw him moving just now, so he is not dead yet."

Xaver stood up, thought for a moment then took out his axe, approached the ettin, and using his axe carefully chopped one of his heads off, then the other. He waved them at Pandaros.

"Our trophies. I doubt I'll be hanging them over my mantlepiece, but they might come in useful when it's reward-collection time in case the Locke suddenly develops a bad case of amnesia. I've had it happen in the past, and found that brandishing severed heads tends to "refresh" some people's memories. Now, I'm not suggesting that Locke fellow won't keep his word, but he was *extremely* vague when talking about our reward."

The dwarf again turned towards the ettin, knelt over him, then took out a flask and filled it with the creature's blood.

"I don't think this will be useful in any way, but you never know the blood of what creature has what magical properties. I think I saw a mage's hut at the entrance to the village. We could try him, he might be interested in buying it... If not, there is always a possibility of selling it to some fool who believes ettin blood is a cure for impotency or something."

The dwarf studied the ettin for a few moments to see if there was anything more he could salvage, but found nothing of value.

"Alright then, I better go take a look at the thief. After that there are a couple of things to do. We'll have to go deeper to that ettin's lair and see if we find anything there. I doubt we'll find anything valuable, but the ettin might have picked a shiny thing or two during his hunting, and it would be a shame if it goes to waste." sigh... I hope there won't be any problems when it comes to dividing the loot in case we do find something of value. "And more importantly, we might find remains of villagers from Lockesville in there. I'm sure Mr. Locke as well as their families would want to hear of what happened to them."

"And one more thing. That dead man we saw on our way here, we'll have to give him a proper burial outside. If he was from the village, Mr Locke should be told of his fate too." The dwarf thought about the man's armor for a second but immediately dismissed the idea of taking it. Although he would often search for and take valuables from monsters (or any enemies) he killed, he would never touch anything from other mercenaries who fought those monsters or from warriors or soldiers who died in battle.

The cleric stood up, then walked towards Sever, his conscience now bothering him slightly that he allowed the thief to lie for so long without treatment. Be it as it may, Sever did help them in the battle, and healing him now was the least he could do. The dwarf knelt by the thief, put his hands on his body then focused his mind on a prayer to Clangeddin, slowly feeling the god's divine powers healing the thief's wounds.

When he finished, Xaver stood up, and it was now only that he felt the pain from his own wounds. But those would have to wait for now...

"How are you feeling now?" he said to Sever. "Can you get up and walk?"

*Casts level 3 Cure Serious Wounds domain spell
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #227
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

The beast was dead, that much he knew, but the incredible pain throughout his body kept his mind from discerning too much else. He was aware of conversation, calm now that the battle was over, but could not make out what was being said. After a time, the dwarf knelt by Sever and cast a healing spell over him and instantly the thief felt better.

"I believe i can," said Sever in response to the dwarf's question. "But it i think i'll leave it for a while if it's all the same to you. Sever extended his hand to the dwarf in a rare guesture of thanks that involved no intention of pickpocketing. "My thanks to you, Xaver. I thought i was dead then.."
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #228
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

"Good idea on the heads. The Lockes don't even know what was causing the trouble. This will be a good illustration of what we dealt with."

OOC: Not sure if we have a light going yet, if not:
The scout crouched down and reached into a pouch for his flint and steel. "Is there anything around here to set alight? I wouldn't mind being able to see the rest of the way into the cave."

"That dead guy you want to bury, we should check him for valuables too after searching the cave. No sense in planting something useful under the earth."
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #229
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

Vindson lifted his head up when he heard Oley referring to him. A cursory glance towards Oley's two guests, and Vindson saw that both could be left alone for a few moments.

"Oley, sitting so much does not do good to my ageing bones, shall we walk a bit?" The request for privacy in the discussion Vindson meant to have with Oley was quite obvious.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #230
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley

The elderly archmage nodded, then directed Kuan and his friend towards the menagerie, "There are several volumes missing from the Codex, every few years a new one is added and I've been rather lax out here about picking them all up, fixing broken crockery rarely requires the latest in magical nuance, but there should be enough there to hold your interest until I will be able to attend to you personally."

He then walked towards the stairs where Vindson was waiting, looked back at the room, and closed the door as he shook his head, pointing up at the spiral, he said, "Now then, the door is soundproofed, what's worrying you old friend?"
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote