Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2001, 04:31 PM   #1
Doriatha

Trying to start a new thread here. Giggles is a good one! What's the dumbest thing you've done or tried in this game?

Early on, I got one of my characters crushed to death getting into a lift/elevator. Boy did I feel stupid.
Old 02-04-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Moni

I have yet to top "The Trolley Incident" that is posted in "Giggling so hard..."
(Thank Goodness!!!)

Well, thinking about it, sitting here watching all but one of my six party members be taken apart by a Whirling Dervish trap was pretty stupid!

Moni
Old 02-04-2001, 05:32 PM   #3
Dwarf

"Elseravmavin!" Shouted Lisa, the Dragon slowly turned it's head toward her genaral direction.
"Alright,"Durin muttered," we've said the special word now give 'im the cloth."
"There appears to be a slight problem with that," Shevine opined,"he's only eighteen foot up in the air." A hideous sucking noise began to swell in volume above them. Boldy Lisa shoved the Mavin Shroud as high as her arms would let her.The dragon began to assume an almost cross eyed look.
"Here, you dragon,"bellowed Carenis,"listen what she sayin', it's good."
Lisa held the cloth aloft, both hands supporting it's meagre weight.
"It can't hold that breath forever." said Durin.Strange tendrils of smoky grey mist where wafting from the sides of the creatures jaw in an unencouraging way.
"Break!" Yelled Telar and the party scattered as a burst of flame destroyed the plant life where they had recently been standing.The great dragon turned it's head and began to fly away from them.
"Don't let him get away," screached Gertha,"you know how hard it was to find him the last three times!" And so the horse was grabbed and they set off in hot pursuit.
"Maybe Dwarfs have louder voices," suggested Shevine, teeth rattling from the impact of beating hoofs below,"I mean those battle cries are pretty impressive."
"What and get that things attention all on me, no thanks".
"Oh, come on,"grunted Telar as the horse skipped a low lying tree root," he's already ignored me and Lisa and Gertha,it's either you or carenis."He did not voice a common suposition that if the beast ignored the bearer of the shroud then it would ignore the rest of them too.The horse was pulled to a halt, almost unsettling Gertha's lightweight frame.Durinstood up doing his best to plant his feet well and truly on the saddle horn.Gripping the mane and head harness with both hands to steady himself he opened his throat and let loose the power of a heavy drinker and his voice.

"Khazad,Khazad ai menu! Turn vile beast of darkness and face thy doom oh great flaming belcher for I shall destroy thee!Prepare thyself for the end of thy days has cometh and thine children mourne thy loss.Here shalt I spill thy soul!For the glory of clan Stondraeg of Gondemar Hold I issue this challenge!"

After a few seconds, punctuated only by the sound of a stunned squirrel dropping from it's perch in the nearby forest, Carenis spoke, "It's breathing in again."
"Now what do we do?"asked Gertha.
"Don't panic!"screamed Shevine Callishan.
"Whose pannicing?"Inquired Telar.
"Think of S bends." Growled Durin.
"What?" Asked Telar and Shevine together.
"Look, give me the reins".

The horse took off in a zig zag of curving lines, a path of searing flame licking at it's heels.****

Later they tried shouting in unison,showing it the shroud and then shouting,shouting and then showing, dismounting and going through all of the above. Eventually I decided that he just wanted to ingore me (after all he's meant to be short sighted) and left him, disgruntled and singed but slightly wiser.
Old 02-04-2001, 10:12 PM   #4
adam mage

most of my stupidest ones at the 'Giggling' post that Moni mentioned
Old 02-05-2001, 09:23 AM   #5
Barbara
Welcomed New User

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sent the trolley cart off without my group in it!
Heres something I did and tried to salvage the situation to no avail:

I was in the boogre prison dungeon, and had gone through the maze of shocking rooms. I went through the Y shaped room, rounded a corner and there were jungle lilies. my group ran, to get time to heal and prepare.wern't quite ready yet, when the jungle lilies were approaching.
so, into the shocking rooms we went. a lily actually followed us in, so we ran into another. here we are getting electrical shocks and the lilies are sending clouds of poison gas, we're runnung room to room with either a lily following or 1 facing us through a doorway, I didn't know which way to turn because I was'nt sure if I was headed into a room with a lily in it, or
if a lily was about to burst through a doorway to the room we were currently in.I'd get my pc's partially healed and have to dart through a doorway.while boogred, our spells were not up to par.
I ended up reloading and backing up quite a bit. those rooms are no place to fight lilies in.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 01:54 PM   #6
adam mage

my rules:

never try to take on the Amazoni Mantraps while your whole team is drunk

don't try to overload yourself with all the items

don't stand under 'Meteorshower' or 'Firestorm'

don't heal your own enemies

find out what the scroll is before using it