Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Just wondering here. About how much more game time will there be for me, as I'm just about the enter the Severed Hand (I figure this is a good spot to leave off for now)?

TIA

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Not much... you're almost there

Don't leave off for now... you're really close to the finish.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

Maybe 2-3 hours. There's a bunch of little quests to finish, and a lot less fighting than you might think.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yes, I think there are just 7 or 8 levels of dungeon to go through, with not too much fighting at all except in a couple towers. Where are you now?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I'm still right outside. I fought a few guards and two chimera, levelled up, and rested. Next time I turn the game on is when I go in.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, I'm almost there. I've completed every quest I can think of, and have two questions:

1) Before I start this ritual, can I rest after it, or is this my last chance? Is there a specific spot to rest?

2) Can I get away with slaughtering all of the bad guys in this temple I haven't gotten to yet, like those red wizards (reminds me of that scrub Edwin), or will I bust my game if I do?

TIA

Old 05-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
Aerich
Lord Ao

1) Yes you can rest after the ritual. You can rest after the battle on lvl 4 of the War Tower.

2) Yes, I think so. Just don't kill anyone vital to the plot (e.g. Riki). I wouldn't kill anything in Orrick's tower, either.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #8
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Great, thanks a lot. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I can't wait to best this game and try out HoF!

BTW, do you just rest anywhere in this tower, or is there a place I should go?

[ 05-24-2007, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Klorox ]

Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #9
Aerich
Lord Ao

Anywhere that works is fine. There's lots of neutral NPCs, and IIRC at least some of them will give you a dialogue option to rest. However, it's not such a dangerous place (assuming you have the diplomat's pass) that you have to rest while being guarded by a non-hostile.