Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #11
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
I agree with you Gangrell, but that fact that the FANS wanted it and were making it means something too, I frequently sopke to the people at their forums and each and every one of them loved the original, including myself, and yet they still wanted to do this, so I dont see the probelem, especially if its the people who were originaly inteded to play this game wanting to re-create it.
yup yup, that's right. although i never posted in the forums i did go read..but i mean what's up with square enix? i mean they literally abandoned chrono trigger.. and they now all of a sudden care? i mean what the hell? i feel ur anger hive..
well hopefully the're doing it still undercover and going to release it secretly, damn that'd be soo cool!

Old 10-04-2004, 08:18 PM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hmm, I dont see how they abandoned it. And, on the similar note, maybe they just have the ownership problem of it. It's theirs and they should have control of all aspects of it. If they feel they do not, then I can see why they wouldn't want this to continue. And, again, perhaps they do have something different in the works, that that project might have been affecting.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2004, 09:08 PM   #13
Spirits forever

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Hmm, I dont see how they abandoned it. And, on the similar note, maybe they just have the ownership problem of it. It's theirs and they should have control of all aspects of it. If they feel they do not, then I can see why they wouldn't want this to continue. And, again, perhaps they do have something different in the works, that that project might have been affecting.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
hmm.. but u see, they said copyright stuff, but doesn'tthat work only if ther're making money out of it? and well they sure as hell weren't. also. u've seen all the doujins that do make money off copryrighted stuff, they are however been ignored. and the one thing that pisses me off is, why only this one? i mean, most of you chrono trigger fans should know that there are few more remakes, but they are left alone, and yes it is an ownership problem

Old 10-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #14
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
No, I think copyright things are just that: Rights to anything that copies it. No, money isn't changing hands, but I don't recall (see: could be wrong) anything about money having to be involved. As far as the others, I don't know. Are there other Chrono Trigger remakes? I haven't seen any, so I dunno. If not, maybe its just something that Square is really anal about. :shrugs:
Old 10-04-2004, 11:30 PM   #15
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Unfortunatly Spirits, I have spkoen to the people from the Ressurection team, and they have decided it would be a bad idea to continue it, mainly because it was meant for the fans, and they said that if they continued it, they would now want to release it due to the fact that they might be found out. Well we can always hope. I totally agree with you Dron_Cah, but what is the point of a game company that releases games and doesnt support its fans? I know you just said money, but it wasnt always like that.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:11 AM   #16
Spirits forever

money wasn't involved and well that was my point, i mean it's like having to pay money because u used a copyrighted word in ur school papaer, or even a fanfic,
ah fanfic, millions of people write those, and this is not too different, fans do alot to show their fan-ness...some draw fan-pics, so writed fan-fics, and some even cosplay, so point there being, this was just another way of showing it. and i think u would agree. and why they only went after this one..that just pisses me off....

Old 10-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #17
Seraph
Quintesson

Except for the fact that there is no such thing as a copyrighted word.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:27 PM   #18
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ummm actually, there are plenty of copywrited words.
For example, there is outrage in Australia over the fact that an American copywrited the word Ugg boot, which we used so often in Australia.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:55 AM   #19
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Maybe the resurrection team can buy the chrono license from square enix. or negotiate something with them.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:21 AM   #20
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

But the license would be very expensive, and I dont think they would be able to make their money back, let-alone pay for it in the first place.