Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-25-2004, 02:11 AM   #1
spydar

Mad

ok, all you non-Metallica fans need not reply....

but I just (JUST) got back from seeing them here in Calgary and oh my F'n LORD!!!!!!!! I just wanted to touch em! They kicked arse, played for just over 2 hours, and I sooooo need to see them again!!!!

and it just so happens they're coming back in May, and I'm pretty sure that Calgary is the only city they're doing 2 shows in

lemme hear a HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2004, 03:19 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Metallica, Gods? Erm, no they're not. Last time I checked gods don't sue their fans for swapping their music on the Internet... Or is that their method of smiting heathens?

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:
Oops.

[ 03-25-2004, 03:20 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 03-25-2004, 07:44 AM   #3
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Metallica, Gods? Erm, no they're not. Last time I checked gods don't sue their fans for swapping their music on the Internet... Or is that their method of smiting heathens?
Beutifully said. I am one of the origanal fans of the real Metallica. Ya know, back when they said F-you, to the corporate bs. Now they are just trying to hard to recapture some of there old true fans from the 80's, after they betrayed us with there lawsuit. I have seen them 6 times. I was there for "Kill'em All" in the begining, and was devoted to them through the "Black" album. They have no respect from me. Sorry Spydar.

[img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img] *waiting for Yorick's wrath...*
Old 03-25-2004, 08:02 AM   #4
ryaldin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by spydar:

But that's like telling someone, "Don't look over here." And what do they do?...

The thing is, and any Metallica fan who is willing to be honest with themselves will agree, that their 'new stuff' isn't a branch into a new direction, it isn't the expansion of the artform and the expression of individualism. It's over-marketed, poorly written fecal deposits, encoded on disc for all to suffer. Your true Metallica remembers when M was willing to be cutting edge, and try somthing that would make your hair stand on end. Nowadays, you just sort of hear it come on the radio, and think to yourself, 'What is this crap? OH...it's just them.' Sorry, Metallica just aint what it used to be.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:19 AM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Metallica was supposed to play around my area, if they did or not already, I don't know, because I didn't bother going. I'll agree with Lord K on this, back in the days when Metallica started out, they were good but now they're sueing people, changing their way of things and it's just not good anymore.

Down with St. Anger and up with old school.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #6
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

They lost me after the black album. Too bad. I was a pretty serious fan for those first few albums. Now I just find them irritating.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:57 AM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

omg! Hey hey hey! The new stuff is good. But the old stuff is f****** awesome, some comparitively...anyway, wait till Dron Cah sees this thread...lol.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 03-25-2004, 01:59 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I went to a concert of theirs some years ago. I agree with what has been said here. They have lost their appeal to me. They used to be better than they are now. They used to play better, sound better, feel better, rock better, and kick ass better. They have lost their power.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:55 PM   #9
spydar

ok ok ok, everyone has their own opinion, but in my defense I was never old enough to see them back in their glory days, and was just excited to see them last night. and you may (or may not it seems) be pleased to hear they only played 2 of their new songs, everything else was old.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:28 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

They only played 2 new songs because most of their fans don't want to hear the new stuff. The tour they did to support Load and Reload both had people pretty much calling from the audience to play older stuff. I also lost interest in them after the black album. That should have been a hint to them that they were losing the fan base that put them where they were to begin with. Much like Sampson, they got their hair cut and lost their power with it.
Don't even get me on the subject of their little corporate-backed "war against Napster". They sold out hard; I was one of the die-hard fans from the 80s, and pretty much felt betrayed.

Anyway, if you are not old enough to remember them, then yes, you would have liked the show. They were always a good touring band; they would do one album, then go on tour for 2+ years before even thinking about recording another album. IMHO, you would have had to drag my corpse there to get me to go.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin