Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-10-2001, 11:50 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread is here:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/001902.html

the previous thread is here
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/002032.html

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

* this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reptuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Cloudy, your hostess

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 07-11-2001, 01:50 AM   #2
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

kiwidoc wanders in and makes herslef a lovely fragrant pot of Earl Grey. She greets Cloudy with a friendly hug and pours herself a big mug.

She sits on a stool in the corner sipping her tea nad playing "Summertime" on her guitar with a slow, bluesy ryhthm as she sings.

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 07-11-2001, 05:57 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*Jerome wanders in, bumping off several walls, and eventually falling over a chair.*

Look, i've told you all before, my contacts work fine!

*settles down in the far corner, reading a newspaper (with a comic hidden inside of course )*

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 07:48 AM   #4
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Wulfere sits bolt upright from behind the couch and looks about it a daze.
"Huh!?" "What the...urk."
The falls back behind the couch with a loud and painful sounding "bawthump".
"OW"
Piteous cries for coffee and a muffin filter through the backing of the couch.

------------------

The line between good and evil is a razor sharp thing. Be careful of misteps,
as you may find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 07-11-2001, 08:24 AM   #5
Lord Shield

Lord Shield potters in, goes to the counter, orders a coffee and falls asleep

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 07-11-2001, 09:16 AM   #6
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

The huge black raven comes once again flying into the cafe, circles over the head of the hostess before landing on her right shoulder where he immediately starts to nibble at her earlobe. With a sigh and mumbling to herself: "Why cannot he just come crawling into my throne room for one of my audiences like everybody else ?" the joybringer takes the wooden tube, opens it and reads:

"Sorry to molest you, my Queen, but Hedwigo (my messenger raven) was just going
mad in his cage and I figured that was because he wanted to see you again. Sigh, you are just too appealing and seductive: apparently you have also got the tastiest earlobes of the Realms !"

In the meantime Hedwigo has switched shoulders and has his way with the Stormqueen's other earlobe.

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 07-11-2001, 12:42 PM   #7
Serath
Manshoon

Serath sinks into a comfy chair and immediately starts to doze off.

"This is so much better than work..." mumbles he between snores.

Serath
Old 07-11-2001, 01:25 PM   #8
Lioness
Jack Burton

Lioness comes prowling in, and greets Cloudy and everyone with a HELLO! I'm back.

She then proceeds to pick up the sports page, growl about Joe Torre, and curl up on a loveseat with a fruit punch.

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc
"Gimme a sword, I'll win this war for you!"-Mad Martigan
Old 07-11-2001, 02:12 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

C'mon people! Lets get this café humming with the sound of excited conversation!

Lioness, my Feline friend! Talk to me! What have you been up to reccently?
SOMEONE TALK TO ME!!!

Jerome, suffering from Cloud syndrome. (worrying lack of conversation)

------------------
Old 07-11-2001, 02:12 PM   #10
onthepequod
Quintesson

oneverydrowsypequod walks in, trips over his foot, lands prostrate in the middle of the entryway, and proceeds to fall asleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZ………………………

------------------