Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 07:58 AM   #1
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I am having trouble getting the mod to kick in. I downloaded it from flamestyke into the wiz8 folder and extracted it to the data folder with no luck. I tried moving the levels folder into the levels folder of wiz8 but that did nothing also. I uninstalled and deleted all folders and then reinstalled the game and tried again but no luck. I'm sure it is something simple but I can't figure it out. I am using 1.2.4 and I did not have any problems using the flamestryke mod. Any suggestions would be helpfull.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Sinteuil
The Magister

I apologise in advance for the following really lengthy instructions, but I'm trying to go through this step by step. Hopefully this will help.

Start with a clean installation with no mods. Download the DS mod and extract it to your desktop. You should now have a folder on your desktop named Deathstalkers Wiz8Mod v1.6. Open this folder, and you'll see one folder named Data and one folder named Levels. Now, go into your Wizardry 8 folder, and you should see both a Data folder and a Levels folder there too. Go back to the mod folder and open up the Data folder there. You should now see 6 folders in there, including Databases, Items, missles, Monsters, etc. Go to the Edit menu and click on Select All, so that all 6 of these folders are selected. Go back to the Edit menu and click on Copy. Now go to your Wizardry 8 folder where your game is installed, and open the Data folder there. Go to the Edit menu there and click on Paste so that all 6 of the folders from the mod are pasted into your game's Data folder. Once this is done, go back to your mod folder and this time open the Levels folder. You should see 14 folders in there with names like Arnika, Camp, Connectivetissue, Marten, etc. Use the Edit menu again to Select all of these folders and Copy them to memory. Then go back to your game's Wizardry 8 folder and open up the Levels folder there and simply paste all 14 of the mod folders there. The mod should now be fully installed, and when you start the game this should be confirmed for you when you find some zombies on the beach. Good luck, and hope this helped!

Edit: P.S. A new version of the DS mod was just released and is available on Wolfie's site, but it's looking like it will take a while until it is fully debugged since there are already reports of problems in the upper monastery, so you're probably better off using version 1.6 at this time.

[ 10-17-2005, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Sweet, thanks for the instructions I'll try it tonight.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #4
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

A new "fixed" version of Deathstalkers mod (v2.1) is now available (see signature below), if you are starting new, might as well start the latest version.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Cool! The instructions worked great. I haven't finnished the monestary yet so I think I will restart.
I started with sam, Lord, Ranger, Bard, Mage, Bish, I picked up the Umpani and am using Miles as my gadg. I'm going to change the lord to a priest at level 10 or 11.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:01 AM   #6
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

I just finished Deathstalkers 1.6 mod at AP some days ago. Good to hear, that he has finished his new 2.1 mod "right in time " .

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote