Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Angelwings
Welcomed New User

So, hello everybody.

I started this outstanding game about a week ago. I am an RPG veteran, but never saw something like this before.
So, my questions:

1) How to use musical instruments on NPCs?
2) Am I right to change my level 10 Samurai on lvl 1 Bard?

My party is following:
Valkirie
Elf Ranger
Gnome gadgeter
Elf mage
Human fighter (enough slashers, eh?)
And, now, a bard instead of samurai.

3)What gadgets are available? Some reseipts, please! I only made a box with a doll.

So, thank you!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Welcome! Here's a place with all the answers:

http://www.flamestryke.com/wizardry8...trykes_w8.html

I would have kept the Sam a Sam; you're just getting into the interesting spells, nad there are some really nice weapons (mostly Swords) that are for Sams.
Usually if i change a Sam it's the other way around--FROM Bard, because once you can play a given instrument, you can play it regardless of current Class.
And for using any item that can be used on NPC's, you have to be in converse mode, then select "magic" then "item".

[ 02-10-2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Sinteuil
The Magister

In your party, a bard is a good idea to give you some psionic spells like insanity and haste. Assuming you picked up the viola d'amore, which casts charm... you can use it on an NPC by entering the dialogue screen and pressing the Magic key, make sure your bard is selected (just click on him), and I believe there is a Use button so you can use your instrument. For gadget recipes, see here:

http://www.flamestryke.com/wizardry8...ecipesprt.html

Hope that helps!

Edit: Oops, Scatter beat me to it! But since you already have a mage, that book is covered, and bards do fine with swords, so it's really up to you in my opinion! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-10-2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
To be born in imbecility amid pain and cries, to be the plaything of ignorance, error, want, illnesses, malice, and the passions; to pursue a return to imbecility from the moment one first stammers to the moment one drivels; to live among worthless people and charlatans of all sorts, to fade away surrounded by one man who takes your pulse and another who bothers your head; not to know from whence one comes, why one has come, where one goes -- that is what people call the greatest gift our parents and nature have given us: life. - Denis Diderot
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
Angelwings
Welcomed New User

Thank you very much for your answers!

Oh, that insects in road zones are getting irritating...
Old 02-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Scatter:
Welcome! Here's a place with all the answers:

Flamestryke's Web Site
Well, not ALL the answers, I would hope my own modest web site has something to contribute as well!?

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
Sinteuil
The Magister

Awwww, I love your site, Wolfie! [img]smile.gif[/img] And whenever I start freaking out because my characters can't read their portal books, I find myself turning to your spreadsheet! Just wanted to say thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2005, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #7
Angelwings
Welcomed New User

great site, thank you!