Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 07:28 AM   #11
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Wereboar

"I've went to Rapax castle several times with level 11 parties (with enough xp for level 13, when i reach there). But i get random encounters with monsters up to level 17 (samurai)."

That's discouraging, someone on the VN Boards said to go to Rapax Rift below level 12 to ensure you don't get Rapax Samurai.

I was going to try this out as my spellcasters have just learnt the Portal spells.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:57 AM   #12
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Well, i'm not 100% sure. It could be that i had one level 12 character in my parties in this cases. My spellcasters were level 11, with the intention to switch them to hybrids once they had enough xp for level 5 in their new profession. But at least in one game, i took level 12 with another character to gain access to a new skill (when a stat reched 100).
Or maybe it was just because i play expert, and the level of the encounters might be a bit higher in this mode?

Well, i don't want to discourage you. At least with a spell heavy party (and maybe one tank), Samurai aren't that bad at level 11, if you initiate combat in a way where you get a free first round to get the magic protection up.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #13
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Gregor can be taken out at lev 2, I made it to Arnika at lev 2 with no special training. (Just my usual 2 times around the Lower to get the goodies at the waterfall). Luck IS involved. A stink bomb and/or a cherry helped. I think the surprising thing was a monk who put him to sleep for 2 rounds. Took about 4 tries IIRC. Haven't tried it since. Was debating myself this gane with Import party on going to Mountain Wilderness at lev 9 but decided it was not worth it. The lev sensor is 10 there, any thing less and you get spawns up to the lev 20s I think.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:12 PM   #14
Dean Jacobsen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is mention made of minimum level for an area. Where can I find this information. Also, others have mentioned the level of the monsters. Where is that list?

djyrel@hotmail.com
Dean Jacobsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #15
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Flamestryke has a list of all monsters and their levels. Krull has a link to her site above in this post. Bear in mind many monsters can have the same name and be multiple levels, depending on the encounter. For example, Rapax Samurai may be lev 15 17 22 and 24 (I made these numbers up but you get the idea). As far as I know (AFAIK), there is no calculator available that will tell you which ones will appear for your party level.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #16
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
As far as I know (AFAIK), there is no calculator available that will tell you which ones will appear for your party level.
Correct, no-one has so far been able to "extract" each area's min and max monster levels or determine how Wiz8 decides which monsters to spawn. There are general rules-of-thumb amd rough guesses, but nothing exact.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote