Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-27-2001, 01:12 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

make the the sounds intermingle with each other? i mean, you can plya mp3s andplay the game, with sounds at the same time?

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-27-2001, 02:44 AM   #2
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Maybe replace the ambient sound file with a mp3 of your choice?

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-27-2001, 04:21 AM   #3
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Might cause performance glitches though. And replacing might not be a good solution because the game might look for a specific file, instead of just playing whatever's in the folder. And unless you have a song that you absolutely love, thats hours long, I promise you that you'll be sick of it by the time you finish playing
If you can get it to work that is.
What might be cool is having a folder where you just dump all the mp3s in and having the game play whatever's in the folder like Fallout Tactics..but sadly it aint gonna happen.

------------------
Why?
Old 05-27-2001, 06:12 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

no.. im gonna play them on my mp3 player, switch on bg and then it will still have its sounds..

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-27-2001, 08:15 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Does it work? Its something I'll try one day.

------------------
Why?
Old 05-27-2001, 09:47 AM   #6
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wouldn't that cause a system conflict? Your comp would be trying to use sound output for two different programs at once.... My guess is you'll either get an error, or one will cancel out the other. But then, it probably won't actually damage anything, so you might as well try. Slightly atmosphere destroying though, I would have thought...

------------------
AIM: YourSqualerhero
MSN: thepragmatist@hotmail.com

ICQ is an árse!!
Old 05-27-2001, 12:10 PM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

it works... and i know it conflicts cause its using the same out put... but you could change that.. thats where the q comes in

------------------

Old 05-27-2001, 12:19 PM   #8
The Pragmatist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmm... well, technically, you could use two sound cards and two sets of speakers.. and turn off in game music. Would be a fairly simple method and pretty sure to work. But, if you were going to do that... why not just use a CD player? (and burn the mp3s to CD)

Anyway.... there are a lot of ways it could be done.... all more hassle than their worth probably.
Old 05-30-2001, 11:21 AM   #9
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

anyone!?!?!?!?!

------------------