Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 01-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
untouchable
Manshoon

I am currently running throught with a evil Assasin->Cleric. Many mods installed including:
1) DingO Tweak Pack
2) Rogue Rebalancing
3) Tactics
4) Item Upgrade
5) Acension
6) Improved Thief Stronghold
7) Improved Oasis 2

All options exepting the two bonus classes in tactics. Here is the problem, when I fight the spell hold lich I can kill the lich fairly easily. But the pit fiend that is gated in when the lich perseves you that is a whole nother can of beans. Each time I get the demon down to badly injured he cast Gate, and gates in another pitfiend. I could cast prot. from evil and wait for him to ungate ( will he ever). I so far just cast prot. from evil killed on pit fiend and left the other to rot in the dungeon.

Any way short of CTRL-Y or dealing masive amounts of damage in a short time (ala traps or HLA's) is there or killing the beast and not letting him summon a friend.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Weimer's Pit Fiends are a genuine pain in the ass. I hear he based them on authentic 3.5 Edition P&P D&D stats.....which is a pity, since the poor PC and his party are stuck back in 2nd Edition.

The long and the short of it is, you won't be able to defeat a Pit Fiend until your party (of 6) is averaging about 2 million EXP apiece, or your party is rather Warrior-heavy, and you happen to have a lot of True Sights and Improved Hastes memorized. Sure, you could improve your defenses by casting Protection from Evil 10' Radius, but that just means the Pit Fiend keeps casting Improved Invisibility on himself every second.

What fun.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
untouchable
Manshoon

Well, I can kill one with my four person party. I can kill three, I have even killed four. The problem is they keep multiplying and I would rather get on with the story than be the hero who killed thousand of Pit Fiends. Oh well, will kill one and then leave the rest to rot.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
Riftmaker
Elminster

If it's the spell Gate, there should be a time limit on it. I wouldn't know personally because I've never played with all of those mods. They SHOULD just un-gate after a while though.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:54 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

For a slightly more role-playingish way to kill them than outright uninstalling Slightly(?) Tougher Demons, simply veto their power to Gate in other Pit Fiends by killing the first one legitimately, but Ctrl-Ying any others that follow.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:52 AM   #6
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by untouchable:
I am currently running throught with a evil Assasin->Cleric.
me too [img]smile.gif[/img]

i've found that items that give 'protection from evil' when equipped are good against the tactics pit fiends (my solo monk was able to use the amulet of seladrine for example - his only PfE option)

what i found worked quite well was

wear amulet
pit fiend invisible
remove amulet
PF visible
attack attack
wear amulet
. . .

and so on - i guess this was easier 'cos the monk could do big damage quickly and i don't rememeber getting more than one extra gating in - trickier for the assassin-> cleric though (i'm really feeling the one attack per round at the moment) but if you took dual-wielding with rogue-rebalancing you should be able to get 4/round which is pretty quick . . .

have fun anyway

yours looking for 2M XP plus to re-activate my assassin . . .

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote