Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-02-2001, 04:13 AM   #1
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

very minor spoil

ok, i took on Kangaxx, mopped the floor with his lich form, was fully protected from his demi-ich form and proceded to beat him unmercifully with two staff of ryans (my only +4 weapon, silmicrum-ed so i had two) i even set a bunch of traps in the corner and ring of ram-ed him into them and beat him some more.....but he never dies...his circle turns yellow, goes into badly injured, i beat him some more, then he turns red and goes back to injured and the cycle never stops...is he just healing to quickly for me to kill him or what??if so what are some other +4 weapons I can get a hold of BEFORE chapter 3??
.,.,.,.,thanks to all who have some input.,.,.,.
Old 10-02-2001, 05:06 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm... It may be a bug.. have you tried replaying it with different strategies? I don't usually get this prob...

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Old 10-02-2001, 07:02 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

Had the same problem. When I used my protection scrolls (from Undead or Magic) before the demi-lich finished his speech he became invincible with indefinite HP. Didn't occured when using the scrolls a little bit later or not at all.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:41 PM   #4
hrizonstickup
Dungeon Master

well here is the problem.......when my protections began to run out I pulled everyone out of the room and the game auto-saved over my last auto-save which was before i started the fight....so now my only save is where he is already in demi-lich form and seemingly invincible....will resting or anything else reset this bug??? Because it is a pain in my......
Old 10-03-2001, 04:01 PM   #5
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

maybe send a beresrked char to talk to him or a mage with spell immunity Abjuration. Maybe if he gets all his talks out of the way, he'll become killable again.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:59 PM   #6
Thrawn
The Magister

Protection from undead?!?!?! where in heck do u get it, i have only seen protection from magic stuff, what so ever you call it, and i use it in those demilich fight, but what i'm wondering is wtf this protection from undead is.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:22 PM   #7
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

You can buy protection from undead scrolls,
and more importantly PROTECTION FROM MAGIC
scrolls from the Adventure Mart in Waukeen's
Promenade.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:23 PM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I do seem to recall hearing a bug that caused him to never die if you attacked him before he spoke (during his transformation).

It does take alot of pounding to kill him though since he hardly takes any damage when you hit him. One very easy +4 or better weapon to use on him is melf minute meteors. They hit as if they were +5 weapons so load up any mages you have with those. That will help a great deal.