Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Double dip Recession?

And this was on MSNBC of all places. How dare them degrade the POTUS like this!

WASHINGTON — They're a minority, but a vocal one, and they're hovering like storm clouds over a brittle recovery.

They're the Double Dippers — the politicians, economists and analysts who foresee back-to-back recessions.

Their warnings could become self-fulfilling prophecies if they frighten enough people into holding tightly onto their wallets. With consumer spending accounting for two-thirds of economic activity, anything that further rattles consumers can undercut recovery hopes.

Recent data has shown that, after growing moderately for most of the past year, the U.S. economy appears to be slowing. This was underscored by Friday's government report that U.S. economic growth slowed to 2.4 percent from April to May, down from a revised 3.7 percent in the previous quarter. Such statistics are providing more ammunition to the double dippers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38507261/ns/politics

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: Double dip Recession?

It was bound to happen Felix. Obama not going Left fast (or far) enough for the left-leaning media. Pretty soon we may see "really" strange bedfellows, MSNBC and Fox actually agreeing with each other!

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well, Fox never agree with him regardless of what he tries to do to appease their whacky base. I think he should stop trying the whole bipartisan thing and just go as left as he wants. Screw 'em. As I said before, they don't wanna play so, they lose.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Well, Fox never agree with him regardless of what he tries to do to appease their whacky base. I think he should stop trying the whole bipartisan thing and just go as left as he wants. Screw 'em. As I said before, they don't wanna play so, they lose.
Lose it is. This November will be the precursor to 2012. IMHO, Obama knows his chance at a second term is limited, and is slipping away each day, regardless of what he shoves down the peoples throat, or what media machine runs the headline. I foresee his agenda being ramped up liken of his health care fiasco, and in the end, he will depart office as a failure to the progressive party, and to re-election. Whoever replaces him will have a pile of dung to sort through and asses what direction the country will head towards next. You know your in low standing when you don't get an invite to the Clinton wedding, and have your press secretary use a disclaimer of "extra security" requirements. Who would fall for that? Oh, yes, the American people!

Like you said, "they don't wanna play so, they lose". Which is what happened with the bill for first responders. The Dems did not want to play, and lost, and they have majority rule! Bam!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Down Re: Double dip Recession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Lose it is. This November will be the precursor to 2012. IMHO, Obama knows his chance at a second term is limited, and is slipping away each day, regardless of what he shoves down the peoples throat, or what media machine runs the headline. I foresee his agenda being ramped up liken of his health care fiasco, and in the end, he will depart office as a failure to the progressive party, and to re-election. Whoever replaces him will have a pile of dung to sort through and asses what direction the country will head towards next. You know your in low standing when you don't get an invite to the Clinton wedding, and have your press secretary use a disclaimer of "extra security" requirements. Who would fall for that? Oh, yes, the American people!

Like you said, "they don't wanna play so, they lose". Which is what happened with the bill for first responders. The Dems did not want to play, and lost, and they have majority rule! Bam!
Wth? How does any of this relate to republicans losing again?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Wth? How does any of this relate to republicans losing again?
I dunno, I was referencing "they" and how they are losing with majority rule.
What are you lost in the weeds about?

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Last edited by Felix The Assassin; 08-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Elif Godson
Dracolich

all I know is I am unemployed for the first time in my working career and it is due to outsourcing because of the coming health bill amongst other things. sooooooooo
Old 08-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Don't see it from where I am. My work is hiring and they want us to work 60 hrs/wk. Some of our work is even being farmed out. Recessions usually hit us hard, this last one almost half of the employees were laid off. They are all back (except the dead wood) and then some. There is a 300' long extension being added to the machine shop and a new 3 million dollar gantry milling machine being built to go in it.

Last edited by machinehead; 08-01-2010 at 04:01 PM.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elif Godson View Post
all I know is I am unemployed for the first time in my working career and it is due to outsourcing because of the coming health bill amongst other things. sooooooooo
I'm out of work myself, though I blame insourcing.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Double dip Recession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
What are you lost in the weeds about?
How Chelsea Clinton's wedding ties into it.