Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-15-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

I just realised when I was looking down the list that my internet favorites the list was very full. My computer uses Microsoft internet explorer and when I tried to delete some of the trash (by right clicking then selecting delete)that's ended up in it, it just keeps re-appearing! I suppose it's pretty trivial matter but it's bugging me. Any ideas?
Old 05-15-2004, 01:13 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by General Nosaj:
My computer uses Microsoft internet explorer
Your first mistake.

Have you tried going to your favourites folder and deleting stuff from there by selecting then pressing shift-delete?

c:\documents and settings\[user name]\favourites
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-15-2004, 09:59 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmmm... reappearing files? Have you checked for spyware or malware lately? Spybot and Ad-Aware are worth every penny you pay, and more...

Actually, the very full favorites list makes me think of that. Many nasties like to put their own items in there... do you recognize everything there?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:19 AM   #4
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

my thoughts on that too bungleau, I know when I installed yahoo again, it put alot of their stuff in the favorites folder, so it is probably spyware some where on the system, best bet would be after running the spyware killer, do a search on your drive for the programs you are trying to remove from favorites, sometimes it is in a folder hidden in there some where
Old 05-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Yeh Jason, get Spyware S&D on your comp, team that up with Spy Sweeper (you dont need adaware if you run these 2 side by side) and you should be clean. Im sure you will be surprised at how many things are clogging up in your system.

Also, what type of things are in your favourites?
Old 05-17-2004, 04:35 AM   #6
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for you're help, hopefully it will work.