Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 AM   #1
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

http://www.ironrealms.com/
looks more than interesting enough.
based almost purely from donations by their fanbase apparently. I looked through one of the game sections, and their available races alone was massive. given that it IS text-based, it makes it easier to allow and disallow for variances. still, everyone should at least take a peek at this page to see what creativity can look like. I thought it was more than impressive, personally.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

This looks like a game Larry and a number of others from Ironworks would really get into. I red a number of the forum entries, well alot of them and these people really love this game. I may try my hand later this summer.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

I must say that looks pretty good. I used to play a text-based MMORPG, DragonRealms which was really great (if I was a bit of a noob roleplayer *grin*).

I'll definatly take a look at this. Roleplaying is ok on WoW, but a bit uncommon.

If any IW-ers fancy playing I'd give this a bash, just need to know which world to play on.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

It does sound interesting, but I'm curious as to how it works.

Is this like those ancient BSD games..."you are standing in a valley facing West. To your East lies a shaded copse..." in which case how can you do it as a MMORPG? Isn't in inherently a turn-based single-player format?

But yeah, looks interesting. Might check it out in a couple of weeks!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:46 AM   #5
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

sounds like a game, anciend domains of mystery i used to play. ADOM for short. it was awsome!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mozenwrathe:
http://www.ironrealms.com/
looks more than interesting enough.
based almost purely from donations by their fanbase apparently. I looked through one of the game sections, and their available races alone was massive. given that it IS text-based, it makes it easier to allow and disallow for variances. still, everyone should at least take a peek at this page to see what creativity can look like. I thought it was more than impressive, personally.
looks good.. only a tiny problem. i cant seem to play it.. all i get is a blank screen everytime i try to play the game. any suggestions?

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Yes, you need to click the little link that says "alternative ways to play" and download one of the clients. There appears to be versions for all major operating systems.

Edit: To be slightly more helpful, here

Looks like the Windows client isn't free though, but you do get a 30-day trial.

[ 06-05-2006, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:48 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i tried the other worlds which work quite fine with me though [img]smile.gif[/img] so i guess its off for the portal and planes world.

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i got Achea working for me now . Is any other people in this game? I am a complete noob here.

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-08-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Made a char at Achea. Mhun bard called Merwin. Seems I'm near some Eleusian Gatehouse now, not really knowing what I'm doing [img]smile.gif[/img]