Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 05:46 AM   #1
dragon2005
The Magister

i have a bug you did not know(mabey).

in the boogers cave near the idol with the fire there is a cheast.
if you pick it up and go with that to the holl from the left(the exit) it will desapear and some new moshrums will apear. but thats all you can go back and see the chast just there but you can't move it any more to the exit.
tray it and tell me if it is a bug only in my comuter or in the game it self.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:46 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds interesting! Hope someone else is able to try this out in their game (I no longer have the game on my computer).

I'm not sure that I would qualify this as a "bug" though. I think of "bugs" as problems with the program that affect game play and I don't see how this chest would impact your ability to complete the game. It certainly is an unexpected result so might be a "bug" from that definition.
The important question is: Were you able to open the chest and collect any items inside that you wanted?
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:11 AM   #3
jsalsb
Elminster

I've encountered the "disappearing chest" event in another local. It seems to happen in places where the map changes (usually halfway down a bending corridor). I don't think the game likes you to carry things from one map segment to another.

I noticed this in the Crypt, when I was trying to carry a chest down to the warrior's path (?) to attempt to jam the grate with it. Every time I'd turn the corner to the new map segment, the chest vanished from my arms, only to be lying there on the ground back in the map segment I left. Interestingly, you can't see the chest in front of you until you hit that segment - then it just appears ...poof! I also noticed this in the Pyramid, trying to carry a chest (or something) across the threshold of one of the map segments there.

I can't remember if this happened patched or unpatched. Anyone care to experiment?
Old 12-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

I used to have similar problems with the little gold light reflecting pillars in Anephas's tomb.

The glitches were so sporadic, few, and far between, and since the problem was only mildly annoying I never thought much of it.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've had disappearing objects in patched mode. It made for a real fun battle in one place... Boogre caves, I think it was. Somehow, I got one of the lilies on the other side of a map segment. Walk forward, there's nothing... until there's a lily right under your nose!

That was a challenging battle... I think because it was in the Den of Thieves game, and I had no magic.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:02 PM   #6
jsalsb
Elminster

yeah... I remember that in the Boogre caves too. But for me it wasn't anything as dire as Lilies. It was just a Boogre Murderer following me around trying to kill me. LOL! Only in the virtual world does a sentance like that make any rational sense!

[ 12-02-2004, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: jsalsb ]
Old 12-02-2004, 12:19 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

As I have previously related to this forum in a post, it is possible to teleport or vanish a squix out of a treasure chest. If one then steps too close to the squix it is automatically reappears in the chest.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #8
dragon2005
The Magister

can i vanish objects?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:28 AM   #9
dragon2005
The Magister

but it taks the object and not vanish it.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #10
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Objects cannot be teleported, but all monsters and animals can. (A Squix is a monster). This includes all neutral creatures too, such as small fish, roaches, rats and the buzzards that will fly far overhead on the horizon.

This has some interesting repercussions. For example - if one can create a portal on a rat on the other side of a closed gate, one can teleport there. The creature has to be gone from the spot before one can teleport there, so if it has not run off, one will have to kill it from a distance before teleportation is possible. The same goes with buzzards. I had the good fortune of creating a portal on one who was circling the dragon spire. This enabled me to teleport up there.

If the portal is created high up in the air, one will teleport to the ground exactly below. The same applies if one creates a portal on the water surface. One will be teleported to the bottom of the lake instead.

[ 12-03-2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]