Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
dragon2005
The Magister

Arrow

hi again.
if you can tell me how does the vanish spell works and how come there are so many cheats with this spell.

also my bart is a 11 level (orgently a mage) is in 8 level stone spell but i cant learn any more then 6 level spells and i really want strong 7 level spells.

if you can help me in that .
thank you.
dragon2005
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:27 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The "vanish" spell lets you teleport to a supposedly random place close by. But the pace is not random. With a little knowledge of how to do it one can teleport to another place without having to have a portal set up there already.

That means one can teleport past the underwater grate in the crypt without having to go the way the game designers had wanted one to. The same goes with teleporting past the bronze beast in the Dragon Spire, teleporting past the aegis at the entrance to Anephas's tomb, teleporting into the monkey chute, teleporting past the woods into the Lost Sea region and the back entrance to the Boogre Caves, etc., etc. It is really an awesome spell.

The stone spell realm is not native to a bard. A character can always use spells already learnt, but it cannot learn new ones in a non-native realm without a penalty. To see what spell realms are native to which roles, check your manual or the best tips thread. To be able to learn stone spells again your bard must become either a warlock, a zenmaster, or (if female) a valkyrie, as these roles have stone magic as a native realm.

For your bard to learn new stone spells he or she must have twice the level of the spell desired. E.g.: if you want to learn a level 6 stone spell you must have level 12 stone magic as a spellcaster not having stone magic as a native realm.

[ 11-26-2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 11-26-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
jsalsb
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
...With a little knowledge of how to do it one can teleport to another place without having to have a portal set up there already.
I do not have that knowledge! I want that knowledge! Can someone point me to a thread with that knowledge? The nuances of Vanish, appropriately, have always been a mystery to me!

Thanks!!
Old 11-26-2004, 03:09 PM   #4
dragon2005
The Magister

i want that knowledge to .
if you can help me control the place i will vanish in to.
Old 11-26-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Hum if you wanted to vanish past things like doors and what not I found it useful to walk into the door and cast the spell and to keep walking at the door... I ususally end up vanishing towards the other side of the door...
Old 11-26-2004, 03:24 PM   #6
dragon2005
The Magister

thanks i will do that.
thank you for your help but i need a new more importend help.
look for the post named "pleas help fast"
Old 11-26-2004, 05:11 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I do not thing there is a thread dealing with all the aspects of vanish.

Radek has explained the use of the spells in most places. Just type "vanish" in the forum search engine and you will find many threads on the subject. To narrow the search down you by only finding Radek's posts. Just type in his member number (1024) in the search engine, and you will find the approprate threads.

[ 11-26-2004, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 11-29-2004, 03:54 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Vanish spell cast on yourself will always try to teleport you in the direction you are looking currently. Therefore, the direction isn't random at all [img]smile.gif[/img] The distance seems to depend on your Sorcery skill but I am not sure.
An obstacle in your way can "reflect" you to another direction or cause the spell fail.

2. You can also Vanish your enemies. Everything said about casting the spell on yourself is valid here, too. Therefore, the monster will be teleported in the direction you are looking currently, an obstacle can cause spell failure or it can reflect the vanished monster, and the distance seems to depend on your Sorcery skill.

2. The spell is extremely useful [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Some exapmles of spell usage were already mentioned. Let us summarize the most interesting usages:

- You can vanish to the Tomb Area in the Crypt and bypass the Crypt almost completely.
- You can vanish through the door at Ishad N'Ha Oracles and reach Ishad N'Ha without the Signet Ring. Note! You cannot vanish back to Valeia region.
- You can vanish to the Serpent Idol in the Serpent Temple from the place where you get stuck in the water. This is the only painless way of reaching the idol.
- You can vanish through the cliff between the Ishad N'Ha area and Brimloch Roon area and bypass the Erathsmedor dungeon completely.
- You can vanish to Erathsmedor through the closed "back gate".
- You can vanish to the backdoor to Boogre Prison from the Brimloch roon part of Ishad N'Ha area.
- You can vanish past the magical lock on the Anephas Shrine and bypass Skull Castle completely.
- You can vanish to Bloodbeard area from the Anephas Shrine and bypass the shrine.
- You can vanish to Leprechaun area from the Enchanted Isle region or from the Sea shore.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
1. The Vanish spell cast on yourself will always try to teleport you in the direction you are looking currently. Therefore, the direction isn't random at all [img]smile.gif[/img] The distance seems to depend on your Sorcery skill but I am not sure.
An obstacle in your way can "reflect" you to another direction or cause the spell fail.

2. You can also Vanish your enemies. Everything said about casting the spell on yourself is valid here, too. Therefore, the monster will be teleported in the direction you are looking currently, an obstacle can cause spell failure or it can reflect the vanished monster, and the distance seems to depend on your Sorcery skill.

2. The spell is extremely useful [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Some exapmles of spell usage were already mentioned. Let us summarize the most interesting usages:

- You can vanish to the Tomb Area in the Crypt and bypass the Crypt almost completely.
- You can vanish through the door at Ishad N'Ha Oracles and reach Ishad N'Ha without the Signet Ring. Note! You cannot vanish back to Valeia region.
- You can vanish to the Serpent Idol in the Serpent Temple from the place where you get stuck in the water. This is the only painless way of reaching the idol.
- You can vanish through the cliff between the Ishad N'Ha area and Brimloch Roon area and bypass the Erathsmedor dungeon completely.
- You can vanish to Erathsmedor through the closed "back gate".
- You can vanish to the backdoor to Boogre Prison from the Brimloch roon part of Ishad N'Ha area.
- You can vanish past the magical lock on the Anephas Shrine and bypass Skull Castle completely.
- You can vanish to Bloodbeard area from the Anephas Shrine and bypass the shrine.
- You can vanish to Leprechaun area from the Enchanted Isle region or from the Sea shore.
Is this in the Best Tips thread, Radek???
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Radek:
The distance seems to depend on your Sorcery skill already mentioned. Let
how does the sorcery skill works for all of the spells?