Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-28-2000, 06:55 PM   #1
SnowCat

Does anybody knows how to skip (or maybe turn off) night time in the game? Is there such a feature, or hack maybe? MOST time, spent in the game I am wondering in the darkness, which is not very comfortable... I'll be glad, if someone could help me with this.

Old 10-28-2000, 07:51 PM   #2
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As far as I know there is no way to skip night. What I do is keep illuminate on all the time with gamma at max setting. I go in dungeons at night - day or night doesn't matter there. Usually it is light by the time I need to go back to town.
Old 10-29-2000, 01:52 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Are any other players as sick of game designers thinking Darkness is such a great thing as I am? I'm really tired of it. Even with the gamma adjustments (which always seem to re-adjust my out of game screen unfavorably) it's pitiful.
Wyv
Old 10-29-2000, 02:07 PM   #4
McGookin

Man, I hate the darkness part to! Is it just me, or does it seem like it's dark a helluva lot more than it is light? Very annoying!

Old 10-29-2000, 03:20 PM   #5
AugustHeat

i dont know about anyone else but i live in a world that has ...yes...day AND night...it makes the game world more believable...you wouldnt go hunting at night without realizing its gona be harder at night than in the day time...just bring along a torch

Old 10-29-2000, 09:48 PM   #6
Kate
Welcomed New User

It does seem to be night *far* more than day. I have spent most of the game in darkness. You get daylight for a couple of minutes and then darkness for hours. Having a Whiskahs with night sight helps a little bit but is not as good as daylight. I found that Illuminate spells, torches and lanterns didn't help much. Yes it's fine and realistic having both day and night but not when it seems to be night all the time. Look at Might and Magic - they have both day and night there but you have plenty of time to do everything in daylight and can then spend the night at an inn. (Although it is annoying having to sleep every so often, which you don't have to do in W & W - still, you can't have everything, can you?)
Kate
Old 10-30-2000, 04:54 AM   #7
Bronze

I totally agree with Wyvern here. Is the point to make the game seem more "realistic"? If I want reality I can go out my door, with a torch that works by the way. The degree of darkness in this game, both through night-time and in dungeons, is ridiculous!

Old 10-30-2000, 04:54 AM   #8
Bronze

I totally agree with Wyvern here. Is the point to make the game seem more "realistic"? If I want reality I can go out my door, with a torch that works by the way. The degree of darkness in this game, both through night-time and in dungeons, is ridiculous!

Old 10-30-2000, 10:24 AM   #9
AugustHeat

maybe its just me but i dont knwo what everyones talking about saying night is longer than day...everytime i go out its normally daytime..i went into teh crypt at night and came out at day...i spent time in teh town wane tout and yes still day..it wasnt till i was at nymph lake when it started getting dark...but it didnt last nearly as long as you would have believed...besdides i like the night...nothing is more unsetling then hearing crickets nad wolves in stead of birds and butterflies...this is sposed to be a dark game...go play the sims if you want a cheerful game..

Old 10-30-2000, 09:36 PM   #10
xenotoca

Anyone know how to speed up the game time as wandering about a night is a pain even with a wiskas and its not as if you are attacked more. Realism I dont think so otherwise all those night bats would not attack during the daylight hours. It took me a long time to get used to the little automap so now at night I dont look at the main screen just move by the map untill daylight comes. Whatever happened to the compass that was built in to the GUI in the preview shots of the game. The omission of a rest / camp option is unforgivable my party all have bags under their eyes as they never sleep. Yes its nice to have day and night but whats the use of an inn in the town if you cant stop there overnight.