Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-18-2001, 11:13 AM   #1
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

WTF? I just read about this game, and it made me SOOO angry. If somebody should get a new Baldur's Gate game it should be us, and not those stupid, pathetic PS2 Kiddies. I want to see Dark Alliance on the PC. It is rightfully ours. F*ck the playstation, they now nothing about real RPGs. And what gives them the right to make a Baldur's Gate game anyway. Doesn't Black Isle have the copywrites or something. This is just not fair.
Oh yeah, and what's all this BS about "The environmental effects working in BG: Dark Alliance would bring your friend's fastest PC to a crawl. It could be years until the PC can do all of the things that you'll see in BG: Dark Alliance." I saw those screenshots and they're nothing special. It seems the developers haven't seen a Geforce 3 before.

Read this if you don't know what I'm talking about. This is where I learned about this (somewhat late, but whatever): http://www.dagameboyz.com/g/preview_278_p1.html

Old 07-18-2001, 11:21 AM   #2
Waluin

As a PS2 owner, I am very happy

As a PC owner, I am very sad.

As a FR/RPG players, I feel it should be on PC, because Dark Alliance only has you playing as one man rather than as a party, and its more of an action/adventure than strictly RPG. (Think Tomb Raider meets Baldur's Gate)

However, the graphics are amazing and I sincerely hope its as gun as it looks.

I hope that future FR titles follow in BG II's footsteps, however, because its one hte finest game I've ever had the pleasure to play.

I wouldnt worry about Dark Alliance. Its just a blip on the future of RPG gaming. More titles will hit PC, you'll see.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:22 AM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

All it looks to be is Diablo in Faerun if you ask me...

3 character classes? WOW!
1 or 2 player mode....hmmmm arcade stlye anyone?

*sigh*

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 11:28 AM   #4
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:

1 or 2 player mode....hmmmm arcade stlye anyone?
Like I said before, you are only one guy. I dont like it either. Its like Tomb Raider meets BG. IMHO, the two shouldn't be mixed.

I dont want an action/adventure/arade BG game, I want more of what we've been given because its so good!

hey Jerome, I say we start a formal protest

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 11:32 AM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I can't believe they would even say that publicly! Years before is right, because when BG came out it was well overmatched to Dark Alliance. Now, if they compared this game to BG2, well I don't think their game would be hitting the shelves. What fun is adventuring with a single character? Especially at such a low level. Yea, the graphics may be good, but what about the gameplay?
Old 07-18-2001, 11:33 AM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Yeah! Assult Snoblind's dark castle deep in the heart of Washington!
Whos with me men! Down with BG/Arcade games!

------------------
Old 07-18-2001, 11:44 AM   #7
Seid
Manshoon

I don't think this game can even compare to the PC Baldur's gate series. I saw those screenshots and the graphics aren't that great. I think you can't really copy a great game like baldur's gate and make a good game out of it on PS2.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:50 AM   #8
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Seid:
I don't think this game can even compare to the PC Baldur's gate series. I saw those screenshots and the graphics aren't that great. I think you can't really copy a great game like baldur's gate and make a good game out of it on PS2.
I believe you can, but they chose to go the action route. That is my point of contention. I can easily envision a BG-type game on PS2. In fact, I hope that does happen, because it means that BG will remain widespread and popular into a completely differnet audience of gamers (which is good for Black Isle money wise, and in turn is good for us so we get more titles in the future )

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 11:55 AM   #9
Seid
Manshoon

Most of the playstation games are action, because you can't really control an RPG on it. (Most of the RPGs are controled only with the mouse).

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:58 AM   #10
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Seid:
Most of the playstation games are action, because you can't really control an RPG on it. (Most of the RPGs are controled only with the mouse).
In my eyes, that is a situation easily bypassed (Final Fantasy, Chrono Chross, Breath of Fire...etc etc)