Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 08:43 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by oldbittercraig:
Has anyone tried to kill him in the Copper Coronet? I've always fought back the desire to force attack him then and there...
I for one would just LOVE to see Firkraag metamorphose into a huge Red Dragon in the middle of the CC!! Given his standpoint, he'd probably squash several patrons with the changeover. I doubt that would happen, and like as not, the game wouldn't let you kill him.

Old 07-12-2001, 09:02 PM   #12
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

You could Polymorph him into a chicken or a fluffy bunny rabbit. He's still a fire breathing hard bastard but at least he then becomes a cute fire breathing hard bastard. It works, give it a shot. If you ain't been wing buffeted by an angry chicken then you just never been buffeted.

P.S. Dont disintergrate him, you'll disintergrate most of his items too.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-13-2001, 04:14 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I heard about the Polymorph tactic, I would love to try it out some day.

Firkragg, WATCH OUT!

Heehee, Greater Malison, Lower Resist and Polymorph in a Spell Trigger.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 07-13-2001, 05:07 AM   #14
Valoran
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is not very 'sporting' but if you have a fully charged wand of cloudkill you can stand just out of visual range and keep casting at him. He will not attack and will soon die. Not very challenging but it gets the job done.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:23 AM   #15
Zingara63
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you all for your WONDERFUL suggestions. I really do appreciate all the responses. I will let you know when he is dead and then I will treat all of you to a glass of Evermead at the Copper Coronet in celebration.

------------------
Jump on my sword evil, hero coming through.
-Minsc.
Old 07-13-2001, 07:11 PM   #16
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I tried killing him in the CC. No go, the game won't let you kill him there (even when dealing out major backstab damage - like over 400). He gets mad and teleports out leaving you w/out an updated map.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:54 PM   #17
Tananda
Elminster

Cloudkill makes wonders but I believe it is not possible to kill this beast simply standing somewhere out of his visual range and casting Cloudkills - the dragon can heal himself. However this spell is VERY useful against most of dragons - when I had to kill Firkraag early in the game (needed something for my Undead Hunter , mages used cloudkill and hasted PC distracted dragon running around spell-affected area trying to keep dragon within... Of course, it was not all the job - there were monster summoning too, and archers did their best, and it was not simple, but... eventually he died.

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 07-14-2001, 12:26 AM   #18
Jarlaxle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just cast a couple cloudkills, waited till he was about to heal himself and then hasted my tanks and took him out in three or for hits.
Old 07-14-2001, 03:50 AM   #19
Starkiller
The Magister

well, if you really want a cheap way to kill him use one of the instant kills. I stumbled on this accidentaly when I came upon the shadow dragon which proceeded to chunk my entire party leaving only my pc mage, who in desperation cast disintegrate at the last second and dusted him However, while this kills off most of the gear, an improved method I figured out if you don't have a very high level party for Firkraag, cast magic resistance, or a couple of lower resistances, and all you need is a mage around 13th level I think. Just stock up a bunch of memorized chromatic orbs and fire them off, maybe in a ssequencer. Kills 'im dead if you are lucky, try again if you have to. Of course, it just doesn't feel right, or rewarding to kill him this way though, but if your in a pinch...hey, do what you gotta do!
Old 07-14-2001, 04:22 AM   #20
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quivering Palm.