Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-11-2001, 02:46 AM   #1
Ash Wyrmspawn

Hello everybody!

I've been following this board for a while, picking up hints for future reference, and now I think it's about time I introduced myself and asked my first question.

Well.... my name is Ash Wyrmspawn, and I'm a Swashbuckler/Mage.... and that's all you need to know right now!

Well..... I guess I'll stop stalling and ask my question.

POSSIBLE SPOILER (for some at least)
I've seen some post in here mentioning something about retrieving Imoen, and what to do if you choose not to take her into your party at that stage (because I want Yoshimo until he screws me over). I think someone said that whoever was left behind at the Asylum/Spellhold (or whatever it's called) will not be available again for the rest of the game. If this is the case, should I then leave someone behind before going there (by reforming the party), or have I completely misunderstood the situation? I know that some of the delight with playing games like BGII is to be surprised and often frustrated.... but I just don't wanna have to replay long episodes because of something like this. So please spoil me! *S*

PS.... Having a decent thief/mage as the main character I don't need Imoen, and can leave Yoshimo for that particular quest..... unless of course, this is where Yoshimo stabs me in the back.... but I thought that was later on in the game, so I wouldn't think so. Anyways... hope someone can spoil me a bit here, and you've allready been great help when it comes to killing dragons etc.

Old 01-11-2001, 03:00 AM   #2
Armisael

No, Yoshimo betrays you just as Imoen pops up. Neat trick, that. If you like Yoshimo you can always avoid having him stab you in the back by killing him before you encounter Irenicus and resurrecting him afterwards. 'Course you can just tell Imoen to find her own way back to Athkatla, and amazingly enough, she does.

Old 01-11-2001, 03:09 AM   #3
Ash Wyrmspawn

Thanx, Armisael!

See, that's what I thought would happen first, but then I got a bit unsure as I read some threads here (which didn't contain spoiler in the title...incidentally). That's perfect! That was my original plan, to swap Yoshi and Imoen. But then I started to reconsider (not to keep Yoshimo, cause all he's got going for him are the traps) the "line-up" of my party. My party looks like this:
Me: Swashbuckler/Mage (11/13 or something)
Minsc (of course)
Jaheira (who got a bit pissed when I didn't give all our money away, and she nearly got killed)
Viconia
Yoshimo
Edwin(a)

I've allready got two mages now..... and would think a third would be a bit overkill, so I contemplated grabbing Korgan (as everybody praises his fighting skills). Does that look like a nice combo? No matter.... not after approval, just hints. *L*

But once again.... thanx.... I knew one of you mass posters (who seem to be on here all the time) would come through! Cheers!

Old 01-11-2001, 03:24 AM   #4
Armisael

No worries. Damn good party, too. Korgan in Yoshimo's place would be pretty much perfect.

Old 01-11-2001, 03:57 AM   #5
Ash Wyrmspawn

Yeah.... I kinda like this party.... although it lacks a bit of tanking power... hence Korgan. Both Vicona and Jaheira are decent (with belt and gauntlets), but they still miss way too much to be good tanks. I know a good tank needs to stand there and sustain damage so that spellcasters and bowmen can do their stuff.... but Viconia just has a way to low Con/HPs.... which is the only bad thing about her. I've also considered Jan, as he's been praised by almost everybody in here.... but with my main char and Edwin, it would seem a waste..... guess I'll have to try him next time around.... maybe I'll go back to my undead hunter, which was one hell of a tank. *L*

But.... as I said.... thanx again.

Oh... before I forget..... I know that Nishru (sp?) "eat" your magical stuff..... but there aren't supposed to be any of those up in either Windspear or Umar unless you summon one, right? If so, I can't understand where my Bracers of Defence 4 have gone. Guess they just up and left me. Any clues?

Old 01-11-2001, 05:45 AM   #6
Ëlrøñd the §ørçerer

Might be that Mimic in Umar, but I'm not sure, anyway, this is what I wanted to ask... Does anyone know how to get those special colors that Jan wears when he first come into your party? (Government Distric) Im totally confused about that, If they havent already, someone should make a program to change your colors to anything you want...

- Elrond

Old 01-11-2001, 05:59 AM   #7
Ash Wyrmspawn

Elrond...... Thanx for the info, mate! *thinks* Hmmmmm.... that might be right..... but I can't believe I came through the temple of Amaunator without those on my main char. But then again..... it is possible. Didn't know those damn mimics did that...... hang on.... they gas you, don't they? I'm trying to remember if anything else got lost at that time. Damn Mimic.
Don't know about Jan's colours though.

Old 01-11-2001, 06:21 AM   #8
Ëlrøñd the §ørçerer

Not sure about the Mimic idea, I just guessed at that.. Could be true, anyway, Do you know where all of the BGII animated chars come from?

Old 01-11-2001, 06:23 AM   #9
Ash Wyrmspawn

Uhm..... No, I'm not sure where it's from.... but either you're gonna tell me now, or we're both lost? *L*