Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 11:32 PM   #1
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

A Ravenloft pc game would work? To be neutral in the (Barovian/Necropolis(Darkon)) debate they could set the adventure in Richemulot

What I's like to see:
-A low magical world where a wizard would have trouble finding killer spells
-Enigmas where the caracters must un-cover lairs after lairs of decite, where they don't even know who is the final ennemy.
-Attacks out of no where, that caracter can't prepare for(That cloud kill trick wouldn't work since the creatures spwans on sight an runs after or hides back if the pc's run away ex:IWD for example)
-Diferent creature are spawn at randow, to if you know where the spawn site is a vampire might walk out instead of those cute Kobolts.
-Very little magical weaponds, make the caracters realise how human they are faced with a vampire. (You are no son of god! Just a wannabe lv3 fighter who should be breaking up a bar fight not fighting Vampires).

Thecnical more ravenloft partisan choice:
-Player choice betteew a Barovian, Darkonese, Sithicus or Richemulet
-Reputation penalty for demi-humans (Hey, it's humans world after)
-Player start at lv1 and exp is hard to aquire (no exp for walking your neibours dog)

Basicly it would be a game for hardcore players, How do you like my idea?
Old 03-16-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Personally I can see some merit in the concept. I'm uncertain how well it would fly. It might be difficult to be able to balance the survivability of more realistically humanised characters agianst their evil nemesis's.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:03 AM   #3
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Well taht would be the thrill of it, you never know if your gonna survive this one. Also I'd see a multiple plot where every step the Pc's take the Evil caracter is two steps ahead modifing his plot to the caracters actions.

Defeating powerful foes should rest on Van Richten's notions of symbolisim. Every creature like a vampire,gost, intelligent ennemy will have an attache to something or someone. Find that something and beating the creature becomes somewhat easyer.

a low lv party might engage a vampire on a squirmish while a thief pc sneak past to destroy the creature's main coffin or steal an object it attaches importance to then latter on use it.
Old 03-17-2001, 12:14 AM   #4
The.Relic
Red Dragon

That would add a good twist. I am familiar with several concepts where a demon for example would have to be in possession of a humans soul in order to retain its full powers, or an inanamiate focal point, which if disrupted or destroyed, either weakens or nullifies its power.
Old 03-17-2001, 11:30 PM   #5
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I Personaly like the Ravenloft rules concerning Demaons and devils. No can enter the game world with out a focus (ie: human possesion) but the persona being posses has a change to fight back before the demon enters the game world. If the possed person forces himself to do good actions, then the symbolisim might have the strenght to send the demon back to the abyss (or baator).

Old 03-18-2001, 11:20 PM   #6
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

bump