Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-24-2004, 11:30 PM   #1
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

Lately when I've been having a weird occurance while sleeping. Well not really sleeping, you know when you're all nice, comfy, warm and just feel like stretching your legs when you're about half asleep? Well, when I've been doing this for the past week or so my legs go into severe muscle spasms! It's really painful and I have to then massage my leg muscles (usually just my calves) really hard to work out the knots. It's really weird, it's happened to be before, but not from stretching just waking up with it. I have also never had it night after night on end before, it used to be a very rare occurence. Should I maybe see a doctor about it?

[ 09-24-2004, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Chris of the Dale ]
Old 09-25-2004, 12:21 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well people that I have talked to before about this say that it has something to do with there diet. I think it has to do something with lack of potassium(sp). So try to scarf down a few more bananna's. But when in doubt make sure you see a doctor.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:40 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Have you started a new exercise routine?
How often do you just, stretch out your whole body?
Have you reduced your cool down time recently?
As mentioned 'Electrolyte imbalance' is caused by too little potassium, and calcium. Furthermore there are way more 'common' reasons.
May I suggest a good strectch prior to bed. If this does not help within a few days, and you have no other physical reason to have this, then yes, visit your Doc soom.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:06 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Heard this before, it's part of growing up, normally nothing to worry about.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:56 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

I get it from time to time, specially if I have been doing something strenuous the day before. It's fairly harmlesss, but may hurt for a while during the day. One good way to lessen the pain aafterwards is to get up and step on the foot and rub it for awhile. When it happens to me I almost get out of bed automaticly, without even waking up sometimes... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2004, 03:37 AM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

hmm, there are alot of reaons to have this, and as pointed out, it could be from excersise/diet/medical or other things. I would suggest seing a doctor regardless if you are concernd about it. I know someone who has the same symptoms you describe, and when they finaly tested her, they found out she has restless leg syndrome, it is not dangerous or anything like that, but basicly she kicks and fights in her sleep, and it causes her legs to cramp up.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:22 AM   #7
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Chris-this kinda thing happened to me a couple of months ago. I got muscle spasms when relaxing in bed, but the worst was I was sleeping one day, and then suddenly woke up at around 5am with this giant spasm, it was so painful. The scary thing was, it happened again the next day, at the exact same time!!! I was kinda freaked by that, but luckily it didn't happen the next day. It really is not nice.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:58 AM   #8
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

MY advice is to cut off your legs and grow new ones. Of course, if pain persists, then please, see your doctor.

-Dave
Old 09-25-2004, 11:49 AM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
MY advice is to cut off your legs and grow new ones. Of course, if pain persists, then please, see your doctor.

-Dave
LOL Dave, since I taught you how to do that one you like it huh? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2004, 02:40 PM   #10
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

Well, I don't really excersize much and I eat a fairly balanced diet as my mom makes us eat healthy, maybe it's what johnny said.