Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2001, 07:11 AM   #1
Cayle
The Magister

Here is a good one. I was in the Harper hold for the second time. My little “encounter” was over and I decided “Hey, I think it is appropriate to loot the place now” (I thought this was inappropriate my first time there). So anyway, my little Romeo and Juliet (Haer’Dalis and Aerie, HAERDALISROMANCEACTIVE=2) were working their way through little rooms on the ground floor. HD cast knock on the picture with the eye and Aerie opened it, triggering the trap…

OK I thought, so they have been dire charmed. No big problem, I just grabbed everyone else and sent them upstairs thinking I would just wait out the charm. HD started to chase my party and then turned around and disappeared into the fog of war (this should have been a clue, but I did not notice at the time). When I glanced at the portraits to check the status of the charm, I noticed that HD was not there. He simply took off. I went to the Five Flagons to see if he went there. He was not. Now I will check the CC, but I do not expect to find him.

Has anyone else seen this before? It could be an easter egg quest, or part of the Harper quest, but I doubt it. There would have been dialogue relating to this. I expect it is a bug, but I have never seen Dire Charm remove someone from a party before. Because he was red outside of the party, I expect him to stay that way even in the unlikely event that I find him.

I could replace him with Jan, but I was trying to get a feel for using HD. He is growing on me and I think I can actually make effective use of him.

-Cayle
Old 06-23-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Try to use a save.
Old 06-23-2001, 07:41 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

Harry's pic was gone, as if he were obliterated, non-resurrectable and all that jazz? My guess is that one of the Spectral Harpist's destroyed him.
Since you can't resurrect someone who has been destroyed, going to a previous save is the only way around that one. Or deal with it and bring in a new party member.

Hmmmmm....I wonder how long Aerie will grieve? *smiles*

V***V

Old 06-23-2001, 08:26 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Check for an HAERDALIS SPRITEISDEAD (or something like that) in your global variables. The SPRITEISDEAD thing appears when a character is gone i think. It may be that removing this variable will put him back in the game (possibly where he first started), nothing ventured as they say.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.