Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 08:44 PM   #61
Armisael

Yeah. Ziroc deleted most of the posts, since they weren't suitable for... well, anyone, really.

Old 02-02-2001, 08:55 PM   #62
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Oh my!
Old 02-02-2001, 08:58 PM   #63
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, Armisael! What time is it in your neck of the woods? I have friends in someplace in NSW called Muswellbrook and an email acquaintance in NZ and I can never remember what day it is. You're about a day and a half ahead of the East Coast US, right?
Old 02-02-2001, 09:25 PM   #64
Curdis

If I may answer Cloudbringer. Here in glorious Australia (ESDT) it is late lunch time. Which neatly reveals where I come from. - Curdis

(Eastern Standard Daylightsavings Time - good for Musswellbrook - which features in Steely Dan's song Black Friday!)

Old 02-02-2001, 09:47 PM   #65
Armisael

A day and a half, that's about right. Quarter to two in the evening now, everyone at work's wondering why I'm laughing so much. Dammit Charlie!

Old 02-02-2001, 10:50 PM   #66
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My goodness, we do have a lot of folk from down under on this board! I love these polls, by the way.

So Curdis, it sounds like you've heard of Muswellbrook! I don't even know how to pronounce it! The woman I know who lives there has, believe it or not, never met me in person. We started out as 'pen pals' through some UN program about (gasp, dare I admit it?!) 20 or so yrs ago. Twice she and her husband were in Canada and would have come to meet me somewhere, but yours truly was in Moscow (educational exchanges) both times.

I think she began to wonder if I was avoiding her on purpose! I promised to visit her in Australia one day, but alas, I haven't managed it yet. It's on my list of absolutely necessary places to visit, though.
Old 02-02-2001, 11:11 PM   #67
Curdis

Cloudbringer,

Don't come to Australia! You'll never leave. Unless of course you melted. Very similar to Canada, sort of, only warmer. Muswellbrook pronounced - Mus-el-br-ook by the locals and Mus-well-br-ook by Steely Dan.

'When Black Friday comes I'm gonna fly down to Mus-well-br-ook,
I'm gonna strike all the big red words from my little black book,
I'm gonna wear no socks and shoes, I'm gonna do just what I choose,
With nothing to do but feed all the kangaroos'

Old 02-02-2001, 11:21 PM   #68
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, Curdis, but I can think of far worse places to end up staying! I'm still planning to visit one day. Besides, look at all the potential guides I could have just from this board alone!
Old 02-03-2001, 01:29 PM   #69
Suul-Yinn

Ertai

Sorry it took so long to reply but I haven't visited in ages! I too am spanish, my parents are from Burgos, although I have family in Bilbao, Barcelona, Murcia and France too! I was born in Southport, England, but now live with my wife in Dundee, Scotland as many of the long-timers know. Obviously I speak spanish and I studied french and german at school, many years ago so I am very rusty. I tried to study Japanese but found it difficult to master, but I intend to try again. Can't say I know why so few Southern Europeans visit here but can someone tell me why so many aussies do(no offence inteneded)?

Melusine

Having worked in both Glasgow and Stirling I can tell you they are very different places. Glasgow is a busy city who's old and violent reputation has been left behind. Very good nightlife with lots of variation, intresting history and architecture and close to some beautiful scenery. However, I prefer Stirling as it is much smaller and yet still has a good nightlife and is very close to both Glasgow and Edinburgh and is surrounded by stunning countryside and was very important in Scottish history (have you seen Braveheart?). You might also consider St. Andrews, which is very popular with foreign students and for better or worse is the choice of Prince William. Obviously it depends on what you are studying as they each have their specialities. By the way your English is superb!