Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 12:59 AM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

Moiraine, hi.

Got your mail but I'm having trouble sending stuff out....apologies.

Could you send me a list of anything specific (title wise) that you require and whether the titles are comics or books. I have Thurs' & Fri' free atm and will be happy to get on the case. Costs etc...we'll cross that bridge as and when so don't worry too much about that. Let's see what's out there first and if we can find what you want.

Best wishes.
Old 01-31-2001, 12:59 AM   #12
fighter-thief

for me i just got a three cd set to teach me to speak and read french so next time i try to say something in french i will not be putting my foot in my mouth

Old 01-31-2001, 08:59 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is a continuation of Lucre's earlier thread on where we all come from.

Just getting a bit worried that the board might crash again. You can visit the old thread on the link above, I'll put a link into the old thread to this one too.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:12 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

It's raining a veritable downpour in Sydney tonight.
Memnoch it was great meeting you tonight. How much more ground was covered eh? Good conversation is food for the mind.

I'm finding it difficult to focus on packing. In between burning CDs, posting on the board, listening to a CD I did some BVs on a few months ago, and the odd music video on cable I'm not getting much done. I'm a shocker!
Old 01-31-2001, 01:01 PM   #15
Talieson

Hey guys,

It's really impressive to see where everyone comes from. Hey Memnoch, Thumbs up on what you said to Blink123 or whatever he/she calls him/her self. That was totally uncalled for!
I'm a little internet/forum ignorant though on one thing. What is TROLLING? Never heard that term before. Cloudbringer, I'm about has lonely has you are. There doesn't seem to be anyone from the south but me. Man Yorick, we got GREAT weather here in Tennessee today. Its sunny and about 60 outside. Haven't been this warm in three months. Good Luck on your trip. Draconia, hope you got to spend lots of money in Salt lake City. I completely understand about your young one not wanting to go to sleep. My son was the same way last night.

Old 01-31-2001, 01:06 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Talieson,

A Troll is one who trolls. That is, who trolls for mischief or flames. Usually someone who pops into a thread in usenet (newsgroups) or a board like this one and posts either inflammatory remarks INTENDED to start a feud (for the troll's amusement) or lots of garbage (spam) to clutter the thread/board/newsgroup up.

I dropped of my 'cats' newsgroup after it did a split because the trolls (spam) got so bad.
Old 01-31-2001, 01:14 PM   #17
Moiraine
Anubis

Thanks Charlie again !

About MB, I would love if you could find any comic, preferably older ones, and the English ones (I don't like much the drawings of the American MB comics). But any comic would be great !

Sorry I forgot, but where do you live in UK ? I went to London for a week-end 2 years ago with my husband Luc, and we spent a LOOOOOT of money in the huge bookshops there. Maybe we will give a try to another UK week-end this summer.
Old 01-31-2001, 01:16 PM   #18
Moiraine
Anubis

In fact, I find that there are surprisingly very few 'trolls' (I too did not know the word) here. A lot less than I have found elsewhere anyway.
Old 01-31-2001, 01:17 PM   #19
Talieson

Cloudbringer,

People can be so stupid sometimes. I said something about it the other night, but no else did, so I wasn't sure if I had done the right thing or not. I'm no prude or anything, but it was so abnormal to see on this board. I hope it doesn't get started here! Was your other board about CATS in general or about the musical "CATS"?

Old 01-31-2001, 01:33 PM   #20
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Why oh why do I read all of the posts? I just spent about 1 1/2 hours reading all of the "what country do you live in" thread and now can post mine. I am from the US, Minnesota specifically. It is extremely cold and miserable here. I graduate in May and am looking at moving to London (so any suggestions, tips, comments are welcome). I have traveled to Europe extensively but have not learned much in the way of languages. I know enough German to make my way around the country (speaking) but cannot read or write it very well. I have picked up a few phrases in French, Italian, and Spanish but nothing to put together a coherent sentence. I am very impressed by the diversity of this forum! It is amazing that such diverse people can come together like this. My hats off to the creators of BGII and this forum!