Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 03:46 PM   #11
Charlie
Lord Ao

LOL. No prob's.

I wouldn't even know how to open a file or folder on a P.C. Totally 100% P.C illiterate.
Old 01-30-2001, 03:57 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OK, so somebody spoil me- how tough IS the fight with Yoshimo and how depleted will my party be (ie: have we got a breather btwn fights or is this going to hit my party right after another one?) In other words, does it make a bit of difference what level our traitor is?!
Old 01-30-2001, 04:02 PM   #13
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Spoiler:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ok, after Jon left the lab, bring all of your party members to the North West corner of the room. It'll take a while for the murderers to enter, cast area effective spells like web and stinking cloud...and have true sight on with one of the characters. There should be around 5 to 6 murderers (who are basically thieves). After you finish all of them, provided you did not go the the South side of the room, Yoshimo will initiate dialogue with you and you will have to (of course) KILL him. You can talk to him before the murderer comes in, but why do that when you can save him for the last moment, and have a 6 on 1 fight?
No, it doesn't really matter what level he is at if he is unequiped now, does it?
Old 01-30-2001, 04:10 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Cloudbringer - No, Yoshimo's no big whoop to fight, especially after you take of all his armor and belongings before entering Spellhold! Then you can take his heart, and when you get back to the mainland take it to the Temple of Illmitar (terrible spelling there) and get LOTS of XPs. I found it all well worth it. Even though I knew he was going to go traitor on me beforehand, I still kept him in my party all the way up to SpellHold, and he had gained quite a bit of experience by then. It no doubt was very dissappointing losing him in such a way, but so far I am in Chapter 6 and Imoen does a fairly good job as a replacement. I never did try Jan or Nalia, perhaps they are even better.
Old 01-30-2001, 06:26 PM   #15
satan

just a question, maybe this works
when your on the spellhold island,
i mean couldnt you just drop yoshimo off at one of the houses,
and after you return to the island, you go into one of those houses,
and than resurrect him from there,
i mean he would really suck if you done underdark and then return to the copper coronet resurrect him

Old 01-30-2001, 06:40 PM   #16
turbovee
Elminster

After spellhold there is just no way to resurrect him. Cut your losses and go get the exp for his heart.

Ladyzekke,Ladywendy, whatever Nalia is so much better an NPC when you get her up in levels. I like boosting her int score a little, but even without cheating she becomes a really formidable mage. I'm mage happy though.
Old 01-30-2001, 06:48 PM   #17
Charlie
Lord Ao

Satan, Yoshimo does fall behind accepted, but being a thief he flies up in levels quickly and is soon back on track.
Turbovee, yeah, I've got Nalia....top Mage.

Incidentally, I tried just about everything to carry Yoshimo through Spellhold with me. I don't think there is a way.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:13 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Turbovee - I'm in Chapter 6 right now so it's too late for an NPC change. I guess by now Nalia is married to that wealthy guy she hated having affairs with her personal trainer. Oh well, I've heard of worse fates!
Old 01-30-2001, 07:34 PM   #19
Curdis

On a different tack, If you want to really mess Yoshimo up, just before spellhold unequip him and dual him to fighter. With a THACO of 20 he is pretty much 'out of the fight'. - Curdis

Old 01-30-2001, 08:26 PM   #20
G.W.

My thought is you can resurrect Yoshimo in Spellhold if you drop him off in a local building right near the entrance, there is a temple there after all. Why not just have someone in your party cast raise dead anyway?