Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 01-19-2001, 03:29 PM   #1
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Can anyone give me a good underwater spell that works better than frost breath? So far, that is the only offensive spell I've used that hasn't fizzled, other than freeze (which is useful to get those fish to stop moving!)
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:33 PM   #2
carg
The Magister

I think lifesteal works well under water, but usually I try to draw the fight to the surface to prevent suffocation. Or just use hack and slash for easy opponents. I read in another post burning haze works too.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Great idea for a thread!!

I don't have any answers - I would generally switch to weapons underwater, but there must be some spells that work well. Would be very helpful to other players to have such a list!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You're fast, carg, you're really fast!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:22 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

"Burn" will work if you're on top of the water and the fish is close to the top...I guess it boils it to death, LOL! Boiled fish, yuk.

I've found most Fiend spells work well underwater, including "Pain"...definitely a reason to get Fiend magic Burning Haze may work, but you'd probably have to cast it on something in the water from outside the water...every fire spell I've cast underwater has fizzled for obvious reasons.

If Burning Haze works, some of the storm spells like "Firestorm" might work as well...but, again, only for near-surface denizens. On the other hand, Icestorm might work since it's water-based.

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 12:32 AM   #6
slug
Manshoon

i used twisted master more than a few times underwater. i tried to create a shark feeding frezy with blood spells, but alas, there is no blood and no more sharks came afrenzying.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote